Close

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Knows a Thing or Two black pearl's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Knight15 View Post
    Did you check the starter?

Jeep with stuff on it.
    Didn't climb under today it's pouring rain here but was going to check out starter (it just clicks and battery is good) and see if anything got jammed up in by the torque converter tomorrow

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Fresh Catch
    You could drain some oil from the pan into a clear container. If there's water in the bottom, the odds are it's hydrolocked (sorry).

Been Around the Block Heavyhaul07's Avatar
    Good luck. A friend of mine did the same thing. Out come wasn't in his favor.

If there was no water in the cylinders (I would also look for milky oil in the pan) then I'm with Red-knight on the starter. Could have a bad spot. Try tapping with a hammer or pull it and check it.

Also you can put a socket on the front of the crank and turn it over by hand to verify it will turn. It is easy with the plugs out.
    Last edited by RMC2; 01-11-2017 at 03:01 AM.
    Matt

Do the speed bumps at the mall count as crawlin?

N.S.D.Q.!

13 JKUR - white, 09 JKUR - white (sold), stock 85 CJ7 - red
    6 other 4x4 trucks (but only have 1 now).

I'd pull the transmission small cover plate to see how much mud is packed under there and also drop the oil pan for signs of water

Quote Originally Posted by RMC2 View Post
    If there was no water in the cylinders (I would also look for milky oil in the pan) then I'm with Red-knight on the starter. Could have a bad spot. Try tapping with a hammer or pull it and check it.
    Did tap the starter and no water in oil

If you still have plugs out, you can put some kind of measuring device in the cylinders. Find out which cylinders are companion cylinders and then compare measurements. Companion piston height should be identical between the two. If you find two that should be but aren't, sorry, rod is bent. Beats pulling the head to find that out.

Quote Originally Posted by Jkratt View Post
    Since water doesn't compress I afraid of what may have happened. Like everything on a jeep the thing that breaks is the thing with the least strength. I will pray everything works out okay. It could be the piston rings got damaged causing the engine to lock up. This is well above my skills. Hopefully a good mechanic, honest mechanic can help you.
    Water does compress. It takes 300k psi to compress it 1%. Sorry I teach hydraulics..haha

Sent from my 831C using WAYALIFE mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by WJCO View Post
    If you still have plugs out, you can put some kind of measuring device in the cylinders. Find out which cylinders are companion cylinders and then compare measurements. Companion piston height should be identical between the two. If you find two that should be but aren't, sorry, rod is bent. Beats pulling the head to find that out.
    Ill check this also

Quote Originally Posted by jesse3638 View Post
    Water does compress. It takes 300k psi to compress it 1%. Sorry I teach hydraulics..haha

Sent from my 831C using WAYALIFE mobile app
    Lol. Never heard that, but I trust you. I thought the first law of hydraulics was "A liquid cannot be compressed." Educate me, I'm curious.