OEM Clutch or ?

Fuhaxian

Hey Jeepers!

I recently brought my Jeep to a shop after hearing some ear retching sounds from my bell housing side of the transmission. Yup, clutch. They offered to either replace it with an OEM clutch kit or a perfection clutch kit for $30 dollars more. The question I have for you is would you, 1) Go OEM or Perfection, or 2) A different clutch kit entirely like SPEC or Centerforce. The current estimate for my repairs are $1450 being $250 of that is going to the rear main seal (They mentioned it being more expensive because there's apparently a plate that the seal is pushed against that needs to be replaced with it) that I opted and gladly accepted since it was already leaking. Calling them tomorrow to give the go ahead with my decision.

I really don't want to change the clutch myself. I don't have enough competence in my skills nor the amount of friends who can help me out since they're dealing with family and kids and after watching my buddy replace his clutch on his diesel and seeing him take his NV4500 out I wasn't excited to ever do that job myself.

Last edited:

QuicksilverJK

Caught the Bug
I posted on here recently with a similar question. I didn't receive as many responses as I had hoped for. After surfing the internet for answers I decided to go with the centerforce. I do know that it will change the clutch feel, and I kinda like a grabby clutch. I won't have time to tackle the install for a while though.
I also read that the OE throw out bearings are prone to failure so it's a good idea to get a good aftermarket TOB at least.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

ChopperDoc

I posted on here recently with a similar question. I didn't receive as many responses as I had hoped for. After surfing the internet for answers I decided to go with the centerforce. I do know that it will change the clutch feel, and I kinda like a grabby clutch. I won't have time to tackle the install for a while though.
I also read that the OE throw out bearings are prone to failure so it's a good idea to get a good aftermarket TOB at least.

Did you get the centerforce installed? How do you like it

QuicksilverJK

Caught the Bug
After everything was installed it had a bit of chatter during brake in, but now engages and disengages smoothly. It is a bit grabby compared to stock, but not excessively so. I would say it is an ok option, nothing great or bad to say. I also used a national brand TOB when I installed.

ChopperDoc

After everything was installed it had a bit of chatter during brake in, but now engages and disengages smoothly. It is a bit grabby compared to stock, but not excessively so. I would say it is an ok option, nothing great or bad to say. I also used a national brand TOB when I installed.

Sounds good, I think this is route I will take. Did you also do the centerforce flywheel

mule

Bumping an old thread, but what were your results Fuhaxian?

Thanks

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Top Bottom