Drive without a seatbelt and crack a beer too

Coop

Caught the Bug
It's amazing how well this product will sell. I can't believe how many people don't wear seat belts.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

72dozer

Me personally I love it !!!! I will be purchasing two of these always need a bottle opener even though I drink cans while riding !!
And these will be great for when u wear harnesses no seatbelt light

IMG_5185.JPG
This was the very accident that totaled my WJ a few years back. 30 mph on a frontage road while "just running down the street" to a 7-11. Looked down for a few seconds and drove up the back of a Mitsubishi. No seatbelt and I was lucky that I only had a few cuts and bruises. Should have been much worse. When the jeep came to rest I was in the back cargo area.

I'm a fan of seatbeltls. But I do see some instances when you'd want one off or, like some of you that have pets that ride in front.

But 99% I'm now forever a fan of seatbelts.

ChiliDawg

Thing is though - my dog often comes with me in the morning when I take him to day care or running errands, and those are times I don't need him strapped in to a harness. Ideally for his safety that'd probably be best but he likes to move around from the front to the back. So I could use one of these. But the bottle opener feature does seem pretty useless.

JeepJeep75

View attachment 238397
This was the very accident that totaled my WJ a few years back. 30 mph on a frontage road while "just running down the street" to a 7-11. Looked down for a few seconds and drove up the back of a Mitsubishi. No seatbelt and I was lucky that I only had a few cuts and bruises. Should have been much worse. When the jeep came to rest I was in the back cargo area.

I'm a fan of seatbeltls. But I do see some instances when you'd want one off or, like some of you that have pets that ride in front.

But 99% I'm now forever a fan of seatbelts.

This is why I always wear my seat belt. Always. Statistically, most accidents happen within a few miles of your home. My dogs get clipped in too. If I spill the contents of my jeep all over the road after an accident, I don't want my dog mixed in with the junk, or worse getting hit by another car.

Jackal01

They have them at Petco. They have a few different kinds of seatbelt clips to fit the major manufacturers. It says right on the tag which vehicle it'll fit.

Well damn. What a time to be alive! [emoji1]

Bought this one at pets mart for our 80lb GSD. He stays in the back, seats folded down. Harness lead tied to one of the roll bar seat belts.

http://www.petsmart.com/dog/supplie...-tru-fit-smart-harness-29056.html?cgid=100140

Last edited:
This is why I always wear my seat belt. Always. Statistically, most accidents happen within a few miles of your home. My dogs get clipped in too. If I spill the contents of my jeep all over the road after an accident, I don't want my dog mixed in with the junk, or worse getting hit by another car.

^^^^^^This. Couldn't have said it better :thumb:

Eugene

Really? Any chance you could link me to that product or tell me where I might find it? I need to look into that.

I purchased a Kurgo Tru-Fit Crash Tested Dog Harness off Amazon. They might have a newer model out by now but I'm very pleased with the design and quality of construction. Very sturdy and, surprisingly, not a PITA to put on and remove from the dog.

This product was invented by Darwin.

What's the meme? "I'm not saying we should kill all the stupid people, just remove all the warning labels and let the chips fall where they may."

Brute

Hooked
Ok...I like to drink, and I hate seat belts, or the notion that the gov't tells me I have to wear one...but I never drink while driving (on the trail or off) and I always wear my seat belt...and even if it wasn't the law, I'd wear my 5 point harness off road regardless...

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Yeah, this was really soooooo hard to do...

20170112174235-4bfe493e-me.jpg

Thank god there's a solution for this troublesome problem that will also allows me to crack open a beer.

JAGS

Hooked
If I'm not mistaken I read that there is a chip in either side of the oem belt that creates a circuit knowing the belt is latched.

If that is true, would the stupid gadget even work?

Top Bottom