Moab Jeep Safari April 2017

Wasatch Penguin

We'll be thre!

We are in Moab not infrequently, but this will be our first trip down with the new Jeep and our first EJS. Our friends are in their house in Rim Village and we rented another house a couple doors down for the week.

Look for the guy with the bone stock Rhino Rubicon driving FnT over and over with the kids....April is too soon to decide what lift to put on so I don' think I'll be going up the Escalator.

-WP

Last edited:

Brute

Hooked
I've been there twice, but I'm heading down a few days after it all ends this year instead.

We have never had to wait more than 20-25 min for any resturant. We tend to eat a little earlier than most others.

My tips are these:

1) talk to people and figure out where the other events are going to be. 4x4 outpost has a customer appreciation party and do a BBQ and have a few vendors there us all with some demos, sales, raffles, that type of thing. There is the quadratec bbq as well. Worth hitting if it's not raining and snowing and blowing like last year.
So go to those things, and I'm sure on the book of faces there are groups that tell about such things.

2) stop and talk to vendors about products, learn abut what is out there, see how it compares to others, and see how the company reps feel about their products. I have bought products because the folks there were good people and i have absolutely sworn off others because the company guys were total skid marks (cough- crazy beaver tools- cough cough). They are usually parked all over and doing different things on different days, it's not just the trade show that has cool stuff out. Listen to the local radio station, they will advertise some of these things and their locations.

3) go find some trails that aren't being run by EJS (on an off day) and explore. Find some Indian paintings and some of the less visited arches. Pdf maps are fantastic inventions. Link up with some people that know the area and learn some new things. I was so overwhelmed by it all on the first time I went that I actually feel I missed out on so much. My second visit was head and shoulders better and it was because I had 2 friends there that had also been there previously and we weren't afraid to go explore and try things.

4) come back again, because you will have a ton more fun once you know where things are and are comfortable getting around.

This is good advice...

If you have the time, try visiting some of the National Parks...Arches is just around the corner...and take a half day off (maybe Thur or Fri) to take in the vendor show...

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

BananaJeep

Caught the Bug
I debated EJS Moab or All-4-Fun as I couldn't go to both. I ultimately decided on all-4-fun as I enjoy Colorado just a hair bit more. I hope to get out to EJS in Moab next year! Have fun and keep the greasy side down!

Spyro

Going to Moab for the jeep safari, 8-16 April 2017. First trip to Moab, trailering my jeep from Calif. Any suggestions/cautions/advice for the trip or the safari. Registration for the trails does not open until the 31st of this month.
Anyone else planning on driving out from Calif?

I'm going early in the week with my dad and daughter. We are driving out from socal. Despite a bone stock rubicon, I'm considering trailering. My hauler is much more comfortable than my jku and, with the auxiliary tank, it has the fuel capacity for 1600 miles.

Question, we are doing some easier trails like secret spire, cameo, FnT, etc so what is a reasonable expectation for the time to complete these trails during EJS? My little girl is very excited for dinosaur tracks/bones so I want to plan a couple of afternoons doing that.

Thanks

SierraSilver

EJS from Norcal April 7th?

Driving out to Moab from Sacramento April 7th, taking 2 days to get there. Anybody else going that wants to caravan? Thanks

jkrichard

I'm going early in the week with my dad and daughter. We are driving out from socal. Despite a bone stock rubicon, I'm considering trailering. My hauler is much more comfortable than my jku and, with the auxiliary tank, it has the fuel capacity for 1600 miles.

Question, we are doing some easier trails like secret spire, cameo, FnT, etc so what is a reasonable expectation for the time to complete these trails during EJS? My little girl is very excited for dinosaur tracks/bones so I want to plan a couple of afternoons doing that.

Thanks

There is a Dinosaur museum place just north of town a little ways, I cant remember the name. I went there with my better half last year, had some neat stuff, worth checking out for an afternoon.

Expect many of the trails being run with the large groups to take most of the day, plan to be back a little before dinner time.

Have fun while your there and try to meet up with people doing runs to other places and explore when you can. There are many amazing places to check out that are tough to find out about on your first visit without help.
(Not sure if it is your first visit or not).

p38

Caught the Bug
Driving out to Moab from Sacramento April 7th, taking 2 days to get there. Anybody else going that wants to caravan? Thanks

I'll be leaving from Napa, but I'm shooting for the 5th/6th. Trailering, planning 80 to 50; stopping in Eureka/Ely. Decided to go to beefier running gear, including coil over on the front. Everything is mounted, just waiting on the axles. Hopefully no issues and I'll be able to leave on schedule.

deezus

I'm staying through the 13th, and possibly the 14th, then working my way back home. Need to stop in at some shops north of Salt Lake City, then continue west toward home.
Marty
I was planning on going with friends but jeep needs ball joints and I was gonna do axles at the same time. Still might happen though. If you see this Jeep say hi bro!
20170319_125622.jpeg 20170319_110805.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using WAYALIFE mobile app

SierraSilver

i did ball joints last weekend for this trip, but not enough time for new gears. Tires are next week.
Isn't 50 going to take longer than 80, even though it is slightly shorter?
Marty

p38

Caught the Bug
i did ball joints last weekend for this trip, but not enough time for new gears. Tires are next week.
Isn't 50 going to take longer than 80, even though it is slightly shorter?
Marty

50 might, but if I can leave on the 5th I'll have some extra time. I had a Great Uncle who lived in Eureka, I've wanted to stop and have a look around. If I can't leave early - I'll go 80. If I don't see you on the road, I'll look for you in Moab.

p38

Caught the Bug
Getting closer, just about everything is mounted up - waiting for the axles. Still shooting for leaving here the 5th.
IMG_3443.jpg

Top Bottom