Warn Powerplant

JeepJeep75

You could do that, but there's a small catch. When the compressor in the Powerplant reaches its top pressure it shuts off. This is fine until you need to winch AND keep your locker engaged. The compressor runs anytime the motor is running, even during winching. Normally while winching this is not a problem because the air from the compressor just blows straight out. But if you have the line plumbed to your locker, it's gonna reach its shutoff pressure and kill the motor. The same motor your using to winch up a hill with.

QuicksilverJK

Caught the Bug
You could do that, but there's a small catch. When the compressor in the Powerplant reaches its top pressure it shuts off. This is fine until you need to winch AND keep your locker engaged. The compressor runs anytime the motor is running, even during winching. Normally while winching this is not a problem because the air from the compressor just blows straight out. But if you have the line plumbed to your locker, it's gonna reach its shutoff pressure and kill the motor. The same motor your using to winch up a hill with.

I didn't realize that, thank you [emoji106].

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member

LOL!! Just about to reply when I saw your response. This is spot on and something I have personally seen happen. Well, not with an ARB but with the PowerPlant not working. At first, we weren't sure what was going on but then later, we found that our friend had installed a quick release chuck on the compressor. Once the tank filled, the winch shut off :crazyeyes:

QuicksilverJK

Caught the Bug
Really, your best bet it so just run a small ARB compressor. At least, that's what I do and in a pinch, you could use it to air up tires too.

Thanks. I will provably be going with a zeon and a twin ARB compressor. I just happened to notice that the price would be about the same if I bought the Powerplant instead. I'm glad I asked and didn't just assume it would work.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom