Best place to live for jeep owners

CrazyTrainJK

Caught the Bug
By the look of this map you don't have much of a choice in the western half of the U.S when it come to Nuclear Power Plants.
Nuke locations.jpeg

AZ Explorer

Caught the Bug
I love being in Arizona as it is very Jeep friendly. In the sense of what is the best state to live just to go off roading It seems Utah is the most central to all western wheeling as well as year around wheeling. Once you start caring about the realities of life like jobs and taxes and politics in general, it starts becoming more personal preference. I still like Az most for my lifestyle and interests, but I'd like to get out of Phoenix and into the northern country when I retire. That's still quite a way off.

Diddle_JKU

More Wheeling Location Questions

Not trying to turn this into a City Data forum thread (best places to live in the USA kinda thing) but I had asked about wheeling and Jeeping in general in the North Carolina area because of a possible relocation and now my family just got the news about two more options. Central Texas (Austin, San Antonio and sort of in between the two of them -- Flatonia/La Grange area) and Reno, Nevada. So I'll put it to you folks here, if you had three nearly identical job offers in Charlotte, NC, the stretch between San Antonio & Austin, TX and Reno, NV and having access to challenging trails and other Jeep folks was important to you too, where would you go and why?

Thanks in advance!

WJCO

Meme King
Not trying to turn this into a City Data forum thread (best places to live in the USA kinda thing) but I had asked about wheeling and Jeeping in general in the North Carolina area because of a possible relocation and now my family just got the news about two more options. Central Texas (Austin, San Antonio and sort of in between the two of them -- Flatonia/La Grange area) and Reno, Nevada. So I'll put it to you folks here, if you had three nearly identical job offers in Charlotte, NC, the stretch between San Antonio & Austin, TX and Reno, NV and having access to challenging trails and other Jeep folks was important to you too, where would you go and why?

Thanks in advance!

I merged your thread here. I think this existing thread may help you.

Thanks in advance!

If you are purely deciding your future location on wheeling ALONE, then Nevada is your best bet.

But there are definitely lots of wheeling options near Austin and Charlotte, as well as both being very awesome and thriving cities in general.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

DWiggles

Caught the Bug

Thanks in advance!

hands down Between the 3, all things equal, (1) Reno, NV; (2) New Braunfels/San Marcos (guessing), 3) Charlotte, NC.

WJCO

Meme King
Shit, At least twice a month we take one of the Jeeps anywhere in the mountains even if the road is paved. Love getting out up here. We're not much of rock crawlers, so I don't know of many of those trails. But for scenery and exploring, it's awesome here.

longarmwj

Might not seem like it due to lack of hard trails, but Georgia is a pretty awesome Jeep state. Nothing beats a drive through the Appalachian mountains with no top or doors :thumb:

catahoula

Caught the Bug
sure hoping that my sarcasm meter is working on these two responses :bleh:

We filed our application for our place yesterday, should be moving in on the 30th. :clap2:
Lol! Of course! Man, there is ton of stuff here. If someone says different they need to get off their ass.

Sent from my XT1080 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Mybadjk

Caught the Bug
I would say Reno. You have a lot of trails and the you have the rubicon real close. Then Moab is only 12 hours away. Second should say az. Hotter than shit. But seems like there's a lot of trails down there.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom