IF YOU HAD $80K - Would You Buy a Totally Built Jeep or Build Your Own?

With $80K - Would you buy a built up Jeep or build your own?

• Well duh! Buy a built up Jeep!

Votes: 3 4.5%
  • Are you Kidding? Build my own of course!

Votes: 64 95.5%

• Total voters

CastleRockJeep

I'd build. I thing a big part of it is the feeling of accomplishment that you've done it yourself. Having said that, with that kind of budget there may be things that are out of my league to do myself.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Andy5160

Hooked
#2 for sure. Knowing what i learned here on the forum i would definitely think twice today before i would buy Rubicon X.

Thank's to Wayalife family i can make an educated choice !

AllAmericanInfidel

Caught the Bug
Hands down I would build my own Jeep. This way I get exactly what I want and know exactly what I have... with one exception. I absolutely loved BrainChild's old rig and I think that went for what, 65K or so? Had a v8, EVO double throwdown, Dynatrac PR60s, the works. Not to mention it was one of the most gorgeous rigs I've ever seen and I don't think I would have changed a thing about it. Let me run into a deal like that again! Sorry to the guy trying to sell his rig for 80K, but BrainChilds old rig was more built and had a V8 and went for less. Someone got a hell of a deal there.

Can I give a hybrid answer? I'd like to hand select all my parts, but have a good reputable builder put it all together under my watchful eye with my help thru every step of the way. I'm just getting old I guess. Crawling around my garage floor with hand tools makes me sore and grumpy.

Maybe if I still had my shop and lifts etc...

trailraider

i need my vote changed!!!

bloody screen did a shuffle when something loaded and i hit buy by accident.

then i seen someone else voted buy, weird. there is someone who wouldn't build?

love2wheel

Build, without a doubt. My jk was used but factory as well. I haven't done a lot to it, but, what I have done has transformed it. I have enjoyed every single pissed off moment turning wrenches on it. Definitely more I want to do to it. Slowly. I too become very attached to my vehicles. But it is way worse with the jeep. It's nice getting the compliments and a significantly more rewarding doing it yourself.

Sent from my LGL31L using WAYALIFE mobile app

TRAVERSER

Build it for sure...

Though I just found out a customer of my families business from the last 20 plus years has a "nice little Jeep" JKU with AEV lift, hood etc....some Jenson (I think) bumpers, winch, on board air compressor so pretty much what you'd need to travel anywhere. Then my jaw drops when he opens the hood to show me the 5.7 hemi swapped in 2009.

So with him being in "Search and Rescue" and how he is, I'd guess his well kept 2007-08 ride would sell for around $20-30k! So id buy that, replace the Rubi dana 44's and go for Off Road trip from New Mexico to Maine. Load it on a boat to Iceland, loop that island and then back to Canada. Head west to the pacific, and fallow the Rockies south all the way back home. Oh yeah, and my dog would have to come along too.

I'd build it without hesitation. I'd get to pick every option I want and know that every bit of it was installed properly. I think I get at least as much enjoyment wrenching as I do wheeling. Jeeping is the whole package, not just time behind the wheel. You can't buy your way into a way of life.

Very well said.:thumb:

SDG

Caught the Bug
Depends. There have been 2 rigs that sold for in the past 1.5 years that I would have bought, and with the money left over customized to my exact wants.

Maybe its just me but the math doesnt work out for the people hoping for a V8, 60/80, hydro, DTD, a cage and 40s for 80k. Pick and choose yes, all of the above and the price tag is a bit more.

Sent from my SM-G900P using WAYALIFE mobile app

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
So, according to the poll, there are 3 people who would buy instead of build. In all sincerity, I sure would love to hear what your thoughts are on this.

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi
I just think the build would be more fun. That, and the fact that you turned the wrenches yourself, and personally get to oversee anything done by a shop.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

trailraider

So, according to the poll, there are 3 people who would buy instead of build. In all sincerity, I sure would love to hear what your thoughts are on this.

UM...... mine was a botched vote..........there are only two that would buy. I Sir, am not one of those.

Top Bottom