Lift question

Clutch

Caught the Bug
I would throw on front LCAs, a rear trackbar and trackbar brace and some rear sway bar links and then leave it be. Your driveshaft should serve you well for a while unless you're really flogging the Jeep. Spend the extra money on some nice tires and a programmer!
Thanks for following up on my question. I'm curious, what purpose does the aftermarket trackbar serve, since the kit comes with a rear trackbar bracket? Shouldn't the trackbar bracket get the axle all centered up?

Thanks again.

Sent from my BNTV600 using WAYALIFE mobile app

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks for following up on my question. I'm curious, what purpose does the aftermarket trackbar serve, since the kit comes with a rear trackbar bracket? Shouldn't the trackbar bracket get the axle all centered up?

Thanks again.

Your instincts are right. An adjustable track bar wouldn't be needed especially with a relocation bracket. More times than not, the shortest length an adjustable track bar can be set is LONGER than factory and your axle will off in the opposite direction. Also, with just 2.5" of lift, MOST people find that their caster isn't off enough to be an issue and I would recommend that you try it out for yourself first. IF wandering is an issue, you might want to consider adjustable lower front control arms to correct your caster at that time. Vendors are in the business of selling you stuff, I am not. There's no need to be spending money on things that you don't really need.

Top Bottom