Broke this and don't know what it is

tippedover

So this cable/tube has two cracks in it. I think it's the valve, linear purge cable (http://www.quadratec.com/parts/jeep-wrangler-jk-vacuum-harness-parts-07-11) found this diagram. Not sure if I am on the money are not.
IMG_1193.jpg
The two cracks are circled.

Next question can u just do a quick fix? I tried rubber tube but their is still a small whistle coming from their so assume either I did it wrong or the tube was a little to big ( not sure of the pressure that runs throu that tube though.

Any help/advice is great!

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I believe it is for the EVAP purge and it will eventually cause your check engine light to come on. Might be best to get a replacement hose for it.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
As wayalife said it's part of the Evan system. I would replace it before a CEL comes on

GS-RON

Temp fix while waiting would be a layer of electrical tape and some heat shrink tubing over the tape for an inch or two past on each break. It's got me by on Euro cars at the shop while waiting for tubing to come from Germany..

WJCO

Meme King
I missed this thread earlier but glad you got it fixed cheap. You can also fully break the hard plastic line and just put rubber vacuum line over the break area. I have done that on several vehicles including my WJ. The plastic gets brittle over time.

tippedover

I missed this thread earlier but glad you got it fixed cheap. You can also fully break the hard plastic line and just put rubber vacuum line over the break area. I have done that on several vehicles including my WJ. The plastic gets brittle over time.

Thanks for the advice!

Brittle to say the lease lol I was putting a new battery in as my optima yellow top started to smell like rotten eggs and steam (other threats that talk about their quality control issues lol). Anyways I bumped that tube and it cracked in two places

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom