Turn key hemi, how much involved

RugbyRef

Basscat

So this popped up on my Facebook..http://www.clevelandpap.com/shop/en...-awd-engine-trans-transfer-case-65k-turn-key/. Is this doable without a ton of fab? Just curious.

Sent from my XT1650 using WAYALIFE mobile app

You'd still need a wrangler install kit (AC lines, etc). Install kits are around 5k although this 6.1 has some of that. Not all HEMIs are well matched for the wrangler. I'd suggest calling AEV to get some input prior to pulling the trigger. They may not be hell bent on helping you out if you're not going to buy their kit or have them install one but they can at least make you aware of the issues (if any) surrounding this particular kit.

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

xman4602

I'm in an 08 two door. Plan on driving it until it dies and then I'd like to go to a bigger motor and make a real machine out of it. Does anyone know what Aev charges to put one together? I can handle the suspension stuff but this is out of my wheel house. Although I guess it would be a great excuse to buy new tools and learn something......

“You are the weak, and I am the tyranny of evil men, but I'm trying real hard to be the shepard”

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
No shit, remember when my 4 door Jk on 37's and 4:10 gears smoked the hemi Jk on 40's?

That's says enough to me. No way would I want the restrictions you get with a turn key hemi

Oh yeah, how could I forget. It was kind of sad to see the look on his face after the fact.

5280Sapper

Thats a good looking motor for sure.. looks like it was taken out correctly and not hacked up. spending on what you have you already have the transmission if you have the 3.6L just need the wk v8 bell housing and converter.. WA580 is the same as the NAG1 its a Mercedes trans. And if you go that route also look into the AEV Hemi kit hands down has the best R&D into it.

Top Bottom