Spring lift question

area13

I have a 2 1/2 inches terraflex lift. A few weeks ago in swapped out my 2 1/2 inch Springs and replaced them with 3inch springs in the front. I adjusted the front quick disconnects.
My question is for the rear... my old stock disconnects from the front have been moved to the rear, initial setup from instructions. When I replace the 2 1/2 inch Springs can I just swap the springs out with the 3inch springs or do I have to get longer sway bar links for the rear??? Thanks,
Jeff

Sent from my SM-G920V using WAYALIFE mobile app

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I have a 2 1/2 inches terraflex lift. A few weeks ago in swapped out my 2 1/2 inch Springs and replaced them with 3inch springs in the front. I adjusted the front quick disconnects.
My question is for the rear... my old stock disconnects from the front have been moved to the rear, initial setup from instructions. When I replace the 2 1/2 inch Springs can I just swap the springs out with the 3inch springs or do I have to get longer sway bar links for the rear??? Thanks,
Jeff

When you installed your 2.5" TeraFlex lift, you should have removed your factory REAR sway bar links and installed them up front. The kit should have come with NEW REAR links that were longer. Maybe I read things wrong but it sounds almost like you did the exact opposite. That being said, 3" TeraFlex coils yield well over 4" of lift and yeah, you're most likely gonna need new longer links in the front and rear.

area13

When you installed your 2.5" TeraFlex lift, you should have removed your factory REAR sway bar links and installed them up front. The kit should have come with NEW REAR links that were longer. Maybe I read things wrong but it sounds almost like you did the exact opposite. That being said, 3" TeraFlex coils yield well over 4" of lift and yeah, you're most likely gonna need new longer links in the front and rear.
Sorry for the confusion... it was a long time ago... I have quick disconnects up front, so yes, I used the longer disconnects for the rear from the kit. I'm replacing the terraflex 2 1/2 coils with Evo 3 inches coils as they are supposed to be for a softer ride. So with all the after market bumper and tire carrier weight, etc. Do I need to get longer disconnects for the rear before I install the springs?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Sorry for the confusion... it was a long time ago... I have quick disconnects up front, so yes, I used the longer disconnects for the rear from the kit. I'm replacing the terraflex 2 1/2 coils with Evo 3 inches coils as they are supposed to be for a softer ride. So with all the after market bumper and tire carrier weight, etc. Do I need to get longer disconnects for the rear before I install the springs?

More than likely, you'll have about the same amount of lift so no, you will not need new longer links.

Top Bottom