Used Dynatrac PR 44 questions buying and installing

JKU Arizona

I wouldn't think so. I sold my front and rear 44s with shafts, rear locker, and 4.10s for 1k

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app
You sold 2 Rubicon axles front and rear with all internals for 1k? Man that's a deal.

I don't know how much a front d44 housing from a Rubi is worth but i would think $500 is a fair price. But I'm getting ahead of myself listing prices for a housing thats currently in my Jeep without me having the PR in my possession yet.

Sent from my SM-N920V using WAYALIFE mobile app

OhNoTheJiggies

You sold 2 Rubicon axles front and rear with all internals for 1k? Man that's a deal.

I don't know how much a front d44 housing from a Rubi is worth but i would think $500 is a fair price. But I'm getting ahead of myself listing prices for a housing thats currently in my Jeep without me having the PR in my possession yet.

Not all the internals, no carrier or locker for the front and none of it was installed. All the bearing caps were in a bag(that's how I got em) so I didn't know what went were and hadn't gone about finding out. But just shafts, rear locker, and ring and pinions. All separate from the housings. I can't remember exactly, but I don't think they had the knuckles on the front, but had balljoints

OhNoTheJiggies

Yeah I'd say that that is fair, maybe start a little higher(depending on what they're going for in your area), or what they are going for on eBay if none in your area. Then let someone work you down

JKU Arizona

I'm trying to figure out my expenses on getting it changed out and "prepping" for 37" tires eventually. My current axle is the stock Rubi axle. Would it make sense to wait and save some money to upgrade all the interior components (shafts and gears) or plan on just swapping everything over and deal with it when ever they need replacing? I'm going today to go pick up the PR.

WJCO

Meme King
I'm trying to figure out my expenses on getting it changed out and "prepping" for 37" tires eventually. My current axle is the stock Rubi axle. Would it make sense to wait and save some money to upgrade all the interior components (shafts and gears) or plan on just swapping everything over and deal with it when ever they need replacing? I'm going today to go pick up the PR.

I would swap the parts, save money. I would do new seals and bearings though if you're at a higher mileage.

JKU Arizona

So I ended up buying the housing. Now I'm gearing up to have a local shop install it for me. I have already purchased the new gears (5.13 front and rear) along with the bearing install kits for both front and rear. Would i need anything else before i drop it off to the shop? driveshaft, yoke, knuckles ect....??? I'm tyring to use all my existing internals but if they're not compatible I would rather have what ever other part is needed before i take it over to the shop.

I also have a ball joint question, Right now it has a pair of Prosteer ball joints that are good on one side but need rebuilding and the other pair is damaged missing the shafts. My question is should I purchase all 4 new or buy a rebuild kit and purchase 1 pair new? OR buy a completely different set of ball joints (synergy Manufacturing HD ball joints)? I would like to keep the prosteer's but cost wise i'm leaning towards the Synergy.

WJCO

Meme King
So I ended up buying the housing. Now I'm gearing up to have a local shop install it for me. I have already purchased the new gears (5.13 front and rear) along with the bearing install kits for both front and rear. Would i need anything else before i drop it off to the shop? driveshaft, yoke, knuckles ect....??? I'm tyring to use all my existing internals but if they're not compatible I would rather have what ever other part is needed before i take it over to the shop.

I also have a ball joint question, Right now it has a pair of Prosteer ball joints that are good on one side but need rebuilding and the other pair is damaged missing the shafts. My question is should I purchase all 4 new or buy a rebuild kit and purchase 1 pair new? OR buy a completely different set of ball joints (synergy Manufacturing HD ball joints)? I would like to keep the prosteer's but cost wise i'm leaning towards the Synergy.

You may need a yoke. Your rebuilder will know for sure. Snap a picture of the current yoke on your Jeep so he knows what driveshaft you already have. Or just leave the yoke with him if you already have it apart. Are you dropping off the whole Jeep or just the axle housing?

I would stick with the ProSteers, you can get the rebuild kits cheaper than new joints to rebuild that one side. The ProSteers are as strong as you can get.

JKU Arizona

You may need a yoke. Your rebuilder will know for sure. Snap a picture of the current yoke on your Jeep so he knows what driveshaft you already have. Or just leave the yoke with him if you already have it apart. Are you dropping off the whole Jeep or just the axle housing?

I would stick with the ProSteers, you can get the rebuild kits cheaper than new joints to rebuild that one side. The ProSteers are as strong as you can get.
I'm taking them the whole Jeep. They're regearing the back also.

JKU Arizona

I'll be taking my Jeep in on Monday to get it installed by a local shop. I just painted it and it looks really nice and I ordered some synergy ball joints (couldn't get myself to spend $500 on new prosteers). I have a few more questions. U-joints. Should i replace them now or leave the OEM ones it has and leave them till they break? It would probably be another $100 or so to have the shop do them (i'm guessing i have no idea how much).

JKU Arizona

Finally got it installed and back. Now breaking in the gears and have to do some alignment tweaks they didnt do a very good job at aligning it but other than that everything came out awsome even got rid of the dual steering kit and trashed it. Drives and feels great even with the aligment slighlty off. 20170202_175900.jpeg 20170202_175841.jpeg 20170202_175828.jpeg

Top Bottom