Smittybilt XRC Armor comments

lesterjanpearson

I like the look for the XRC armors, also adds space when flexing. but quite not sure abouts its durability. or during my daily drive to office.

the jeep will be so much dirty than using a factory width/full width Bushwascker Pocketstyle.

Anyone here running XRC Armors?

jkrichard

Friend of mine had them for a while. They held up fine, (until a fire) but yes the tire coverage is a heck of a lot less.

My only reason for not getting them is tire coverage, I know I could fab something to quickly disconnect, but I don't want the frustration, my Bushwacker flares are just fine.

lesterjanpearson

Friend of mine had them for a while. They held up fine, (until a fire) but yes the tire coverage is a heck of a lot less.

My only reason for not getting them is tire coverage, I know I could fab something to quickly disconnect, but I don't want the frustration, my Bushwacker flares are just fine.

its my only concern too. cause I drive it to the office and mall. even a few times to a formal party.

Are you using flat or pocket?

drty6

The inner plastic liners are junk that come with them had to screw them into the metal behind fender because they flap really loud going down the road

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

myrddin

I've had some on my 2009 JKUR for about 6-8 months... the fit is less than factory but that should go without saying... they sling water all over the place, hits the windshield when you turn :) 4 wheel rooster tail. I think they look great, and there heavy and seem to be decent quality... once your past the non factory fit. I would buy them again... one thing I will warn you about, the install sucks... if you have a buddy that can help get him over... also those squeeze clamps will save you when your marking for the holes... last of all I bought a nutzert (forget spelling) tool and it helped, but I don't think they include the best size nutzert for the job... it never really gets 100% tight, and if you push it the thing will crush or distort... then you drill it out and try again... oh yeah when you cut off the fender mount in the front... make sure you grind it all the way off or the fender will not sit as close as it would if it were flat (still not perfect)... post pics if you ever do it... I wish more would post do I can see if it fits and looks same as mine :)

drty6

I've had some on my 2009 JKUR for about 6-8 months... the fit is less than factory but that should go without saying... they sling water all over the place, hits the windshield when you turn :) 4 wheel rooster tail. I think they look great, and there heavy and seem to be decent quality... once your past the non factory fit. I would buy them again... one thing I will warn you about, the install sucks... if you have a buddy that can help get him over... also those squeeze clamps will save you when your marking for the holes... last of all I bought a nutzert (forget spelling) tool and it helped, but I don't think they include the best size nutzert for the job... it never really gets 100% tight, and if you push it the thing will crush or distort... then you drill it out and try again... oh yeah when you cut off the fender mount in the front... make sure you grind it all the way off or the fender will not sit as close as it would if it were flat (still not perfect)... post pics if you ever do it... I wish more would post do I can see if it fits and looks same as mine :)

IMG_0709.jpg this is a little closer pic of the front and they are a pain to put on

myrddin

They look good! The hood line is nice (I have a bit more of a gap there). My fender liners turned out a bit different too... I will work on getting some pics once it stops raining out. I would like to get some metal inner fender liners sooner or later. What lift and tire combo do you have.

drty6

They look good! The hood line is nice (I have a bit more of a gap there). My fender liners turned out a bit different too... I will work on getting some pics once it stops raining out. I would like to get some metal inner fender liners sooner or later. What lift and tire combo do you have.

37/13.5/17 toyo 3.5 Jks and a mix of other lifts and a 1" body lift

myrddin

LOL... I'm trying to sneak in a RIPP ;) I'm running 35's with 3 inch lift... I do more highway driving these days, which is why I'm considering the supercharger. Not looking to hotrod, just looking to fix the situation where I need to get in the slow lane when going up hill or down shift... aggravates me to no end.

TrainWreck618

Caught the Bug
LOL... I'm trying to sneak in a RIPP ;) I'm running 35's with 3 inch lift... I do more highway driving these days, which is why I'm considering the supercharger. Not looking to hotrod, just looking to fix the situation where I need to get in the slow lane when going up hill or down shift... aggravates me to no end.

A re-gear is going to benefit you more, I would look past that SC

myrddin

I've looked at that as well... on the fence... it would be a lot cheaper! I don't need to go fast in a JK :) just want to not feel like I'm in a POS while on the highway! I'm still thinking it over. Thanks for the feedback!

Top Bottom