California HWY 89 Closed Around Emerald Bay - 30 FEET of SNOW in Places!!

SJCJK

That is SO awesome!!! That's about the most beautiful few miles of (paved) road I have ever driven on. 30'?!?! SO cool. We need it. Thx for the post and pic.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Cboone

Looks like they are back trying to recover those jeeps from the rubicon. This pic was shared by Crawl magazine today IMG_7968.jpg

Last edited:

Ausjeep113

Allot of areas under 30 feet of snow out there. Talked to a guy that worked were I delivered a trailer out in south lake Tahoe. According to him in a few of the areas up in higher elevations they were reporting 70 feet. When all that melts its going to be a mess I think

Sent from my SM-N920V using WAYALIFE mobile app

Oh definitely, all of the lakes and rivers will be full!!

Sharkey

Word Ninja
Oh definitely, all of the lakes and rivers will be full!!

They are already full. Tahoe is at its "legal" rim, and the downriver reservoirs are filling up quickly. I have heard that there is the equivalent of 7 feet of water still in the snowpack. I'm not sure where that water will end up, but spring will be interesting for sure.

Ausjeep113

They are already full. Tahoe is at its "legal" rim, and the downriver reservoirs are filling up quickly. I have heard that there is the equivalent of 7 feet of water still in the snowpack. I'm not sure where that water will end up, but spring will be interesting for sure.

Yeah good luck with that guys, it sure will make a bit of a mess [emoji15]

Last edited:
Top Bottom