JKU Rear seat recline kit install

OhNoTheJiggies

I see they make an aluminum kit as well as the Delrin plastic. I haven't looked at the seat frame but does this change and structural or safety aspect of the seats? Most of the time my kids are with me and that's my main concern. Thx

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

I wouldn't think it does change the safety of it, not significantly anyway. I'm not an engineer so I can't be completely sure. But it does still retain all the factory mount points and only rolls the seat backwards a little, and has wide spacers so it's not just the leg sitting on a stack of washers. So I'd say that it should be good to go. Not a professional opinion though just my personal one.

mudmobeeler

Caught the Bug
I used my 3/8s cordless impact to pull my seats out when I stripped my tub to clean it from the sand. It helped when pulling the seats. [emoji106]

gheller

Good write up. I did mine a few weeks after getting my jeep. Makes a difference in comfort for sure.
The only issue I had was with one of the three rear bolts.
When the seat mount is raised to insert the spacer it made it difficult for the bolt to thread properly, kept going in at a slight angle and started stripping. I finally got it.
There is a kit out there that uses spacers that have slot cut in them so you don't have to remove the bolts, just loosen and slip the spacer in all the way with the bolt going through the slot. That would have made it much easier.
Anyway, the recline kit is def worthwhile doing.
After the kit is installed, the seats will not fold completely flat, they are angled up slightly. To me it's not a issue.

Sent from Earth to Space and back...can ya give it a second!? WAYALIFE mobile app

OhNoTheJiggies

Good write up. I did mine a few weeks after getting my jeep. Makes a difference in comfort for sure.
The only issue I had was with one of the three rear bolts.
When the seat mount is raised to insert the spacer it made it difficult for the bolt to thread properly, kept going in at a slight angle and started stripping. I finally got it.
There is a kit out there that uses spacers that have slot cut in them so you don't have to remove the bolts, just loosen and slip the spacer in all the way with the bolt going through the slot. That would have made it much easier.
Anyway, the recline kit is def worthwhile doing.
After the kit is installed, the seats will not fold completely flat, they are angled up slightly. To me it's not a issue.

Sent from Earth to Space and back...can ya give it a second!? WAYALIFE mobile app

When I was installing then, I though about that. Like hmm, this would be simpler with a slit in it so I can just loosen, slide in, and tighten.

OhNoTheJiggies

I will post a picture of the seats laid down flat. I do not have one of them in stock config. but im sure that if yours is stock currently, you can just compare yours to my picture.

WJCO

Meme King
Just did it this week with the warpig off-road kit. Breaker bar to break bolts free, then impact gun the rest of the way. Less that an hour job. Kid fell asleep yesterday and didn't flop forward in the seat :thumb:

Before and after:

IMG_20170330_205814_999.jpg

IMG_20170330_205852_125.jpg

OhNoTheJiggies

jeepbn

Breaker bar and a 3" extension to get the breaker bar away from the tub, and as soon as you feel the tendons in your shoulder ready to pull apart it will finally give up🥃

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app
I actually stood up in my jeep and stepped on the ratchet... I didn't have an 18 mm in 1/2 inch and was too lazy to go up the street and buy one... Was a serious pita, but it's done now, that's all that matters. Haha

16 JKU 6MT
Granite Crystal Metallic

Top Bottom