Freedom top and doors leak

Jeepers46

Regarding you door jam leak. I had the same issue, followed this video and fixed it. <br />
<br />
youtube video<br />
<br />
On my 09 I had a leak in the same location and found that using some silicone lubricant on the rubber around the freedom panels helped but didn't completely fix the issue.

I had the same leak at the door and doing what this guy did in the video fixed mine also.

Sent from my SM-N920V using WAYALIFE mobile app

NecessaryEvil

Caught the Bug
That sucks. I have only small seeping type leaks. None to be concerned. The only one that does concern me is the freedom top leak sin the middle near the front latch. Water pools up somewhere and leaks out when stopping or taking off. And it leaks right into my CB radio (frustrating). It's very random when it does leak. Weird. Hope you figure out your current problem.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

black pearl

Hooked
That sucks. I have only small seeping type leaks. None to be concerned. The only one that does concern me is the freedom top leak sin the middle near the front latch. Water pools up somewhere and leaks out when stopping or taking off. And it leaks right into my CB radio (frustrating). It's very random when it does leak. Weird. Hope you figure out your current problem.

Mine pools in the Handel and drips into the mouth of the CD player this is my fix till it gets worked out IMG_4497.JPG

rogerk93

jeeeep

Hooked
if it's on the front floor boards check the foam on the inside portion of the door, it should look like this.

20170120_155216_resized.jpg

on my 2015 the foam was misaligned below the gap in the door seal track.

I was able to move the foam so it aligned higher up like in the image and the leak stopped.

Last edited:

black pearl

Hooked
Update with my freedom top leak when I added my rear bumper it made the ass end squat a bit so I put spring spacers in that brought the back up it sits a hair higher then the front now no more leak in the center seam to prove to me that was the main issue I parked in someone's driveway with the front up higher during rain and it leaked but when on flat ground again it stops so I'm happy for now with that no more bucket hanging in the windshield.... as for the doors I have been lazy in its truest form I have been to the hardware store several times and thought about buying the seals but keep putting it off maybe when it stops raining I'll get around to fallowing that video posted

TrailHunter

Hooked
Over the last year I've had a small puddle on my front passenger floor mat after a rain.... This week the Drivers side started leaking as well... I added some rubber seal I had to the A-pillar and it seems to have fixed the problem.... We've had heavy rain all day and not one drop on the floors. I am going to find a better looking rubber and re-do it... but for now, it's working.

seal.jpg

Last edited:

JJ151

Glad you were able to fix your Jeep. I’ve had a 2012, 2014, and now a 2016 JKUR and all of them have leaked at both the driver and passenger “B” pillars. Two different dealers attempted to fix under warranty (7 attempts on the ‘12, 8 on the ‘14 and I am up to 14 attempts by the dealer to fix on my ‘16). FCA bought back the first two but is refusing to buy this one back so I am pursuing legal action under the lemon law. We’ll see what happens.

black pearl

Hooked
Over the last year I've had a small puddle on my front passenger floor mat after a rain.... This week the Drivers side started leaking as well... I added some rubber seal I had to the A-pillar and it seems to have fixed the problem.... We've had heavy rain all day and not one drop on the floors. I am going to find a better looking rubber and re-do it... but for now, it's working.

View attachment 319068

Glad you got it stopped!

I have still yet to this to mine. My solution for right now is, pull the drain plugs before it starts raining. 🤷*♀️

TrailHunter

Hooked
Glad you were able to fix your Jeep. I’ve had a 2012, 2014, and now a 2016 JKUR and all of them have leaked at both the driver and passenger “B” pillars. Two different dealers attempted to fix under warranty (7 attempts on the ‘12, 8 on the ‘14 and I am up to 14 attempts by the dealer to fix on my ‘16). FCA bought back the first two but is refusing to buy this one back so I am pursuing legal action under the lemon law. We’ll see what happens.

Damn. Seems like a lot of headache and hoops to jump through. Good luck.

Glad you got it stopped!

I have still yet to this to mine. My solution for right now is, pull the drain plugs before it starts raining. 🤷*♀️

Took like 5 min. Lol

JKbrick

Damn you should just get a soft top and call it good

Top Bottom