PR44 upgrade

16jku1231

Ok, so I'm almost there, just a couple more questions. Getting ready to order my PR44 tomorrow. If I am correct the front and rear driveshafts (stock) have a flange set up. The PR44 comes with a 1350 yoke and I'm replacing that. My question is the rear driveshafts. Do I need to swap that as well? The stock 44 is staying with 35 spline shafts and ARB locker. I will be running the 4" enforcer lift with 37x1350s. Mostly trail riding in Florida, no major rock crawling. If I do need to replace the rear, any recommendations for the rear yoke?
Thanks, you guys have been a great help so far!

Sent from my SM-G930V using WAYALIFE mobile app

WJCO

Meme King
You shouldn't have to do anything with the rear as long as your gear ratios are the same. As far as the front driveshaft, if you have a flange style, but the ProRock has a yoke, you will need a front drive shaft and a new front tcase yoke.

EDIT: I'm not addressing your rear shaft in relation to the lift height. I'm only addressing it in relation to the front axle swap.

16jku1231

You shouldn't have to do anything with the rear as long as your gear ratios are the same. As far as the front driveshaft, if you have a flange style, but the ProRock has a yoke, you will need a front drive shaft and a new front tcase yoke.

EDIT: I'm not addressing your rear shaft in relation to the lift height. I'm only addressing it in relation to the front axle swap.
The gears are gonna be swapped for 4.88s. Recommendations for yoke brands?

WJCO

Meme King
The gears are gonna be swapped for 4.88s. Recommendations for yoke brands?

The yokes typically come with the driveshafts. As far as the axle yoke, whoever is building that will include that. There's a lot of drive shaft companies: je reel, coast, Carolina, adams.

nmwranglerx

Caught the Bug
Like WJCO said, you don't have to mess with the rear DS. I replaced my D30 with a PR44 up front and I'm still running the stock DS in the rear. I ordered my PR with a 1350 yoke already installed. I recommend this so you don't have to deal with yoke install. I ordered an Adams driveshaft for it and I've been happy with it so far. You're going to love the PR44.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

nmwranglerx

Caught the Bug
I re-read your post. It sounds like you are wanting to keep your stock driveshaft to run with the PR. If that's the case you still don't need to change anything on the rear so log as gear ratio matches front.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Basscat

Ok, so I'm almost there, just a couple more questions. Getting ready to order my PR44 tomorrow. If I am correct the front and rear driveshafts (stock) have a flange set up. The PR44 comes with a 1350 yoke and I'm replacing that. My question is the rear driveshafts. Do I need to swap that as well? The stock 44 is staying with 35 spline shafts and ARB locker. I will be running the 4" enforcer lift with 37x1350s. Mostly trail riding in Florida, no major rock crawling. If I do need to replace the rear, any recommendations for the rear yoke?
Thanks, you guys have been a great help so far!

If I'm not mistaken the PR 44 can be had with 1310 diff input yoke as well. There's no need to change the rear drive shaft but I'd go with a 1310 rear to get double CV, better joints and u-bolts. Assume you're sticking with stock transfer case?

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom