Rubicon trail

JKU08

I'm looking for info on the rubicon trail. I have always wanted to do it, just have not made time. What should I be most prepared for? What to bring? Stuff like that

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Speedy_RCW

Hooked
I'm looking for info on the rubicon trail. I have always wanted to do it, just have not made time. What should I be most prepared for? What to bring? Stuff like that

What Overlander said. The best way to know what to expect is just to watch videos of it. You can find them that show the full trail or just certain sections.

jelliott076

LOL!! Maybe well into July too [emoji41]

Watch WAYALIFE YouTube Videos
WAYALIFE Jeeps & Specs

We did our 2013 run in August and it was still cold as heck. I can't imagine running it now.
LOL!! Maybe well into July too [emoji41]

Watch WAYALIFE YouTube Videos
WAYALIFE Jeeps & Specs
We did our 2012 in August and it was still cold as heck.

Sent from my SM-G930P using WAYALIFE mobile app

Spazbyt

Hooked
I have never been but I here the mosquitoes can be brutal. Something I would have never thought about.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Right now I have 33 BFG ko2 and front bumper and winch

It'll be slow going especially after a winter like this but so long as you stay off the big obstacles and go with others who are more built up, you can always get dragged through.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I have never been but I here the mosquitoes can be brutal. Something I would have never thought about.

The mosquitoes aren't as bad late August through fall but can be thick as clouds surrounding your head in early summer especially after a heavy snow year. It can be miserable.

Brute

Hooked
I went first week of September 2016, bees everywhere... Buck Island Lake is an awesome place to camp!

Roger that on the bees...I've never seen this type before...they are carnivorous, and the guys I were wheeling with said they've never seen them this thick in a decade...they like meat, and will bite you

I think the heavy snowfall is going to put a crimp on the population

Sharkey

Word Ninja
Roger that on the bees...I've never seen this type before...they are carnivorous, and the guys I were wheeling with said they've never seen them this thick in a decade...they like meat, and will bite you

I think the heavy snowfall is going to put a crimp on the population

We call them "meat bees", and they are very common in the Sierras. They hurt like hell. Good news is a standard wasp trap with smelly meat in it (or the smelly liquid stuff) strategically placed in camp will solve most of the problem.

BaddestCross

We call them "meat bees", and they are very common in the Sierras. They hurt like hell. Good news is a standard wasp trap with smelly meat in it (or the smelly liquid stuff) strategically placed in camp will solve most of the problem.
Meat bees are horrible. When I was a kid, my dad and I went camping somewhere in the Sierras and ran into those things all weekend. As we were packing up to leave a ranger came by and asked how our weekend was... Told him it was great except for all the damn bees. He laughed and told us that they were meat bees and all you need to do is toss a slice of ham or other lunch meat over away from the campsite and they'll leave you alone. Damned if he wasn't right... Next trip was bee-free! 👍

Sent from my SM-N915P using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom