Share your best trail munchies.

RUBEERCON

Share your best jeepin trail munchies. Store bought, cooked or killed along the way. Sweet, savory or whatever share so we can try!

My most recent finds.

Tom's Ranch Bugles
Skip the cool ranch Doritos for once and try some Bugles! Should be illegal.
IMG_2104.jpg

Dukes beef sticks but I don't have a pic.

WalMart Bridgeford BBQ jerky. There are better jerseys but this stuff is the bomb considering its from the check out lane.
Image1484972309.531314.jpg

All the above washes down well with some wheat sodas.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

longarmwj

No pictures but I love the "caviar of the south". AKA boiled peanuts. Doesn't matter if they are garlic, Cajun, unseasoned, or my personal favorite, lemon and Old Bay, I can eat my weight in those things. Thankfully every gas station and road side stand in my neck of the woods makes them. The best though come straight from the crock pot.

Fried peanuts are amazing too, mostly because frying them actually allows you to eat the shell as well.

JeepJeep75

No pictures but I love the "caviar of the south". AKA boiled peanuts. Doesn't matter if they are garlic, Cajun, unseasoned, or my personal favorite, lemon and Old Bay, I can eat my weight in those things. Thankfully every gas station and road side stand in my neck of the woods makes them. The best though come straight from the crock pot.

Fried peanuts are amazing too, mostly because frying them actually allows you to eat the shell as well.

I've never heard of such things as boiled and fried peanuts. Next time I'm in the South I'll hafta try those. Not gonna find that in SoCal!

Edwrds

Caught the Bug

So your saying you like nuts in your mouth. Lol[emoji23][emoji23] couldn't resist.

longarmwj

I've never heard of such things as boiled and fried peanuts. Next time I'm in the South I'll hafta try those. Not gonna find that in SoCal!

You're missing out on something great!!! Another good southern thing is to get a coke in a glass bottle (has to be glass, taste better then plastic), and drop a good many salted peanuts in it. Unbelievably good :daydream:

Eugene

When it's hot, there's nothing better than a cooler with green grapes on ice. Tasty way to help ensure you stay hydrated.

bigcale

Caught the Bug
Used to love to do burritos warming on the intake thing with my CJ. I am not sure about doing this on the JK with all the plastic and crap, might have to root around under the hood and find a place.

Also, I never go on any road trip without a bag of Cherry Nibs.

tcn-bag.jpg

RUBEERCON

Never tried the boiled peanuts. Just don't see them here in Oklahoma.

My dad used to drink grape soda with lance peanuts dropped in the bottle.

Green grapes on ice I can relate! Seedless of course.

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi

They are like, "Southern edamame." Pretty good, actually.

Ddays

Hooked
You're missing out on something great!!! Another good southern thing is to get a coke in a glass bottle (has to be glass, taste better then plastic), and drop a good many salted peanuts in it. Unbelievably good :daydream:

This is awesome! My kids always looked at me like I was deranged when I did this when they were young. :cheesy:

black pearl

Hooked
Used to love to do burritos warming on the intake thing with my CJ. I am not sure about doing this on the JK with all the plastic and crap, might have to root around under the hood and find a place.

Also, I never go on any road trip without a bag of Cherry Nibs.

View attachment 239960

I lift up the plastic dress plate on the top of the engine and put my food under that it also helps lock it in while your wheeling... I've lost food off the engines in the past

Galo

Koegel hot dog links and a block of cheddar cheese. Hmmm

Still get this for lunch on occasion.

Now I'm hungry

J.

I lift up the plastic dress plate on the top of the engine and put my food under that it also helps lock it in while your wheeling... I've lost food off the engines in the past

I've always wanted to try this. Do you just wrap a burrito or something in foil and throw it under the engine cover? How long do you ride before you take out and eat?

longarmwj

I have thought about warming up food wrapped in foil by setting it on top of my flow master muffler, parked of course. I still want to try this sometime.

Years and years ago I grilled a steak on the flowmaster on my WJ. Wrapped it in tin foil and let it sit there idling after the car had been driven for a few hours.

That was the worst steak I've ever had

Top Bottom