Powder Coating Costs

Rubicon310

Hope this thread is in the right place.

I recently purchased the rear LOD Destroyer bumper with tire carrier. LOD offered the standard smooth black powder coating for 100 dollars according to their website. I purchased my bumper bare as I wanted the wrinkle powder coat along with a primer base. I'm being quoted 200 dollars to primer and powder coat the bumper, gate plate and tire carrier, does this sound high? I'm not familiar with powder coating cost but I felt this was kinda high?

Opinions?

Thanks in advance!

Modit

Sounds reasonable to me. LOD wanted $100 to do the powder coat in a production environment.
You are going to a independent shop with a single job and more parts. You might be able to get a little bit better deal if you were willing to wait until the shop has other stuff to spray with the same powder or something like that but it really doesn't seem unreasonable.

Ddays

Hooked
$200 does sound reasonable. I paid $400 :)eek:) but I had mine color matched red & the powder coat was a special order.

Coop

Caught the Bug
$200 does sound reasonable. I paid $400 :)eek:) but I had mine color matched red & the powder coat was a special order.

I agree with this. I had my HR Cage powder coated with two different colors. All the joints and bars were $400. They covered the threaded holes etc.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

jkwebbie

$200 seems like a pretty good deal. I had my front bumper sand blasted and coated for $200 and also had 2 d rings color matched coated too

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using WAYALIFE mobile app

OhNoTheJiggies

Sounds reasonable to me too. Had a quote for my wheels... main part was 75 a wheel and rock rings were an additional 25 a piece(since I wanted them a different color). Ended up not doing it cause I could find a better deal, and I wanted to use the money for something more needed than paint at that time.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom