30 to 44

DIRTYHR

I'm told multiple things and so I thought I'd ask who I call Professional Jeep people I want to know if I absolutely have to change my gears and is that considered upgrading from the 30 to the 44 in the front if I go to 37 inch tires what kind of lift do you suggest. I am very concerned about not getting the right lift and having to change up I have a jku are 2013 I was told when I bought it I'd be good to go without having to regear

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920AZ using WAYALIFE mobile app

black pearl

Hooked
I'm told multiple things and so I thought I'd ask who I call Professional Jeep people I want to know if I absolutely have to change my gears and is that considered upgrading from the 30 to the 44 in the front if I go to 37 inch tires what kind of lift do you suggest. I am very concerned about not getting the right lift and having to change up I have a jku are 2013 I was told when I bought it I'd be good to go without having to regear

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920AZ using WAYALIFE mobile app

You would want a at lest 3.5 lift and 5.13 - 5.38 gears with 37s I personally would go with the 44 up front over the 30 and build up the axels

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I would NOT run 5.38 gears in a Dana 44 as the pinion is REALLY small at that ratio and it WILL be a weak point. At least, it was for me. The highest I would go is 5.13 and with a set of 37's, you really will want to regear. You can get by with 4.10 if you have that but you will feel considerable power loss. I have tried doing it that way too.

As far as lifts go, it really depends on if you're willing to trim your fenders/run flat fenders or not.

RockinAZJK

Caught the Bug
I would NOT run 5.38 gears in a Dana 44 as the pinion is REALLY small at that ratio and it WILL be a weak point. At least, it was for me. The highest I would go is 5.13 and with a set of 37's, you really will want to regear. You can get by with 4.10 if you have that but you will feel considerable power loss. I have tried doing it that way too.

As far as lifts go, it really depends on if you're willing to trim your fenders/run flat fenders or not.

Not to completely derail this. But since we're on tire size/lift and you are much more knowledgeable than myself on that. Without trimming the fenders what would you say to be the best lift height for 35's. My ol man just got a 2017 jku and wants 35's but refuses to trim fenders

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Not to completely derail this. But since we're on tire size/lift and you are much more knowledgeable than myself on that. Without trimming the fenders what would you say to be the best lift height for 35's. My ol man just got a 2017 jku and wants 35's but refuses to trim fenders

A true 3" of lift. This can be obtained by running most 2.5" coil lifts as they tend you yield over 3" of actual lift.

Top Bottom