IT'S HERE : Jeep JK BIG Bore XD Steerng Gear Box - NOW SHIPPING

G-man

For a guy like me who has 35" tires, would PSC XD work for me? The reason I ask is because at times I here my power steering pump just whining loud to the point it makes me think I am going to break something....

2Cross

Caught the Bug
For a guy like me who has 35" tires, would PSC XD work for me? The reason I ask is because at times I here my power steering pump just whining loud to the point it makes me think I am going to break something....

Yes

Very cool product. Too bad I have a ram already

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

G-man

So would this set up be relieving any type of steering reinforcements made for the JK? Just wondering due to all the aftermarket bracing set ups sold out there...

Exodus 4x4

I was just about to preorder this today, but called Robbie at Motech first. Turns out the power steering pump pulley on the LS and the stock steering gear already have a close relationship, like 1/2". So I called PSC and they said this housing is in fact bigger to accommodate the hardware. [emoji848]

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

sunnysideup

I have had problems with my steering box for about a year... brand new pump... but the box has 145,000 on it with 35's and there is a lot of play in it. Leaks... I was about to buy a new stock mopar box, because I can't afford the jump to a full PSC set up... But I have slowly built the jeep to one day go to 37's...
It was kind of a bad place... figuring out how long I could run on this box before it dies... and knowing it has to be replaced soon.

I was thinking... "too bad no ones makes an upgraded steering box", got about $600 set aside... by spring I will be getting one of these. Since 37's are another year or more away... this will be a great way to take some steps to prepare.

deezus

37s, stronger box, and rocks... Better carry and extra drag link if you don't have hydro assist. :eek:
What if you have a RK drag link? And if I wanted to get an upgraded box that was plug and play would this be it? I'm running Nitto TGS 37s.

Untitled.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using WAYALIFE mobile app

Last edited by a moderator:

DP1120

Did anyone ever really figure out what the ported and balanced means? I seen where it was mostly for the full race guys but what is done to it when the port and balance it compared to the normal one?

Top Bottom