FINALLY : Real Competition for the Jeep Wrangler - Solid Axle Ford Bronco!!

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
I'm actually excited to see the bronco back as well! Kid at my school has a stock '89 bronco and it is a little beat up but it is still nice. Can't wait for the update!

dillard09

The only "advantage" (if you want to put it that way) is ford has great motor platforms for a bronco possibly running an ecoboost 4cyl or even a bigger V8... Would deff buy one if a 5.0 option was available!

Or even the 3.5 HO Ecoboost the new Raptor has. That thing is strong!

Sharkey

Word Ninja
I loved my K5 Blazer; my brother had the full-size Bronco and it was pretty sweet too (especially with the 351). That said, the absence of four doors made utilizing the back a real pain in the ass. The cargo area was so big that it could not be effectively reached through the doors or through the back because of the drop down tailgate. The plus side was I could sleep in the back, and the cargo area was so big I could carry the race quad that I had at the time.

I'm glad to see the Bronco's return, although I don't think it is in the same vehicle class as Wranglers. I view them as complimentary vehicles, not competitors.

M38A1Driver

I'm happy to hear that. I have always liked the original Bronco and am pleased to see in the pic you posted, that the new version has similar lines. Can't wait to see one in the dirt!

sipafz

Caught the Bug
I will echo those who do not see this as any competition to the Wangler. 2 non-removable doors, closed in top, I just don't see the Wrangler crowd bailing out for that. The soccer moms need 4 doors and the enthusiast want that open air. Not to mention that the price point will probably be more than the 2 door JK. Once a mutt always a mutt.

OJK12

I do love a nice bronco so this is great news! Im not a huge fan of the full size broncos but the OG broncos and bronco 2's are pretty cool in my book and maybe it will help keep Jeep on its toes and not let their designers get lazy.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

OhNoTheJiggies

That's right about the time that we are planning on trading the wife's elantra in for a suv... Maybe I can convince her that the bronco would work... Got 3 kids but the youngest will be 10 at that point... So I'm saying there's a chance!

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom