Which one u got cb or vhf/uhf

BananaJeep

Caught the Bug
I have both. I prefer my UHF, simply because I can get out and walk around and use it while spotting. I still do use, and love, my CB though!

John82601

I like the new technology but I use a CB because the ranchers, farmers and other outdoorsmen around here use them almost exclusively. It's tough to call for help if nobody's listening.

Brute

Hooked
I like the new technology but I use a CB because the ranchers, farmers and other outdoorsmen around here use them almost exclusively. It's tough to call for help if nobody's listening.

Roger that...

I have both...but I find most places I go rig to rig communication is by cb...

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

kbp810

Caught the Bug
I have both - Cobra 75wxst on a grab bar mount; and a Yaesu 7900r mounted from my footman loop; CB antenna in the back, and VHF/UHF antenna in the front.

I personally prefer VHF/UHF, but still have a lot in our group that have CB only. In Michigan there are a lot of active repeaters on VHF/UHF throughout the state that I've programmed in, so in an emergency type situation, there may be better odds of reaching someone with it. Well, that and in my case I run a short CB antenna that is really only good enough to reach about a mile or so tops.

Frydaddy

Plan for anything.

I have a 2-meter ham radio I use daily and mounted forward of the shifter.
I have a Cobra 75 CB hidden and in the glovebox, since that is the most ubiquitous on the trail. The antenna is magnetic on the tire carrier and stored inside off the trail.
And I have some GMRS radios on standby, but those haven't been used in years.

IMG_20160514_134121992.jpg

MOX4x4

Using a small Chinese handheld 2m $29 from the big A and a firestick. Great if you have a HAM license, but also good for off-road SCORE frequencies, 151.5-152.9.

jkris

I was bored and went outside to get the pics.

Here is a pic where I mounted behind the glove box. I used wire ties to fasten it.
IMG_0182.JPG

Here is how I mounted the handset.
IMG_0183.JPG

Bracket without the handset.
IMG_0184.JPG

Hope that helps and if you have more questions feel free to ask

wjtstudios

Hooked
Image1488046148.802607.jpg
I have been very happy with my uniden bearcat 800 cb mounted inside a tuffy center console. The beauty of the 800 is a wireless mic that I have mounted to the outside of the console and a external speaker under the seat. Image1488046423.339233.jpg

No wires and if I need to get out and still talk to the group, the handheld has about a 20m range.

Top Bottom