Back up camera for lines

Huntpab1

Has anyone installed a rear view camera front facing so u can see the line you want to take? If you did could u explain where u put it and how you wired it to come on when turned 4wd low on or similar

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

WJCO

Meme King
Has anyone installed a rear view camera front facing so u can see the line you want to take? If you did could u explain where u put it and how you wired it to come on when turned 4wd low on or similar

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

Brute installed like 4 or 5 of them. Even on his differentials. Check with him or check his build thread.

WJCO

Meme King
I swear he had a post with them, but I can't find it. Knowing him, just send him a message and I'll bet he'll post a pic of his setup. It may have been someone else, but I'm almost positive it was Ed.

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
I may not be of much help with this one, but with my aftermarket head unit...apline ILX-007 if I wired my rear camera to a constant power source, I can have the camera on anytime I want when I go to that function. I just wired it up to the backup lights so it only goes on then, but if I really wanted I could have it on anytime I want. I just didnt see the point to this so I didnt wire it that way. I would think you could do the same with an aftermarket setup, not sure how with oem nav you could do it since you need some kind of signal to power up the camera.

BananaJeep

Caught the Bug
I know I'm going to be the minority here, and that's okay... and not to hijack the thread either, but why not just GOAL? (Get Out And Look)

Frydaddy

I've seen this done on a few forums, and definitely want to try it some day.

I found a 4 channel monitor for ~$80 and the cameras go for ~$15/ea.
Here is a complete kit on amazon for a decent $170 http://a.co/dq0Qdso

The usual offroad store would sell the same thing for over $400

Brute

Hooked
I had installed the Alpine X100-WRA with front & rear multi-view camera system, Alpine KCX-C250MC Multi-Camera Controller & Alpine KAC-001 External Accessory Control Module...with the Alpine unit, they have specific front and rear cameras...if you try to use the rear camera forward, it will default to that camera when you put your transmission into reverse.

Frydaddy

I had installed the Alpine X100-WRA with front & rear multi-view camera system, Alpine KCX-C250MC Multi-Camera Controller & Alpine KAC-001 External Accessory Control Module...with the Alpine unit, they have specific front and rear cameras...if you try to use the rear camera forward, it will default to that camera when you put your transmission into reverse.

Woah 3 grand for a head unit!? I dont care if its a self-aware AI, does it give you a reach around?

desrt4x

About 2 years ago I put on a Pyle PLCM32 and an extra camera for the front. I mounted the screen on the left side of the dash one camera in front and one in the rear. When I wired the front you have to change the wiring so you do not have the distance marker and reverse the view you see. Front camera is on a toggle switch rear is on when in reverse, I think I paid $60 total for everything. One thing that I really like is when I take the jeep to the store I can see better with the camera backing out of the parking space then trying to look out the back. I got the front for mostly going on the trails around here when climbing steep hills a lot of the time you have a sharp right or left turn when you get to the top, or else it's a drop off. For the cost I am happy with it and I like having the extra view of the trail.

Top Bottom