Modification Priorities

friskyspatula

Hello All!

So I am new to the Jeeping world with my recent purchase of a new 2016 Renegade Sport 4x4 (Artoo), and am excited about the modification possibilities. I have built a few vehicles in the past, but none of them have been my primary form of transportation, and none had a warranty to worry about. So I am looking for advice on what modifications I should prioritize. It would be great if I had an additional $5k to do everything at once, but that isn't the case. So I will have to take my time.

Initially, I am focusing on things that will cosmetically extend the life of the vehicle. I have added Jeep slush mats (which have already saved me from snow melt, juice, food, and chocolate milk soaking into the carpet). Next I will be adding seat covers, then probably tint the windows, and add some stripes for some personalization. But then what? I would like to do the turbo diverter valve upgrade, a Daystar lift kit and rock sliders, upgrade the tires, and I have an idea for a swing out tire carrier that I would like to build.

Besides the cost and warranty considerations, I also have a couple of other points to consider. I live in Iowa, so I won't be doing a lot of hard core off-roading. I do plan on taking some trips, but will most likely just be doing easier trails and low maintenance roads. My main obstacles that I will deal with on a more regular basis will be mud, snow, and ice. Also, I am relatively certian I can make all the modifications listed above (other than welding the tire carrier, I will leave that to a professional welder).

So I am looking for some advice on what order should I do things? Is there any other modifications I should consider? I am sure some of you have modified a brand new Jeep (not just Renegades), what issues did you have with warranty things? I spoke with the dealership I bought it from (Deery of Ames Iowa) and they are pretty easy to work with. Unless a modification is the cause of a break it shouldn't affect the Warranty.

I really appreciate your input!

Thanks

DoYouEvenJeep

I think the renegades with a roof basket look pretty slick.. obviously won't help it off road, but gives you more storage too. Also some lights and a CB radio would be some good inexpensive upgrades

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom