Do those Monster Masher tires and 12,000lb. winch get you to the supermarket for Wonderbread?

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
:cheesy: :cheesy::cheesy:Thanks for caring enough to know where I live to look up wonderful 'ol Darlington! I'm flattered!

Why a Jeep? Once you've been here for awhile and get to know the personalities of the guys here, you'll see that pretty much most of the people here share a passion of the outdoors and getting out into them as much as possible. Our Jeeps are gateway vehicles to do that. Do we all need 12,000lb winches (mines 10,000 BTW ;)) and 'Monster Masher' tires? Nope. But having a built rig allows you to do more challenging things and go to places you normally wouldn't.

*Sigh* I'll indulge you here without any malice and explain why for me personally (and this is one of the reasons we all give 'waves' when we join up). I've worked my ass off for 30 years raising kids and getting my family business to the point where I could do all of this. Like many others out there, I couldn't afford any of this shit up until my kids got out on their own and got jobs, etc, etc. I've always had decent cars and even a truck or two that I modded what little I could afford to do but still have money to do all the stuff that kids do these days: Horse riding lessons, basketball, lacrosse, volleyball, and on and on. But I ALWAYS wanted "MY JEEP" and rather impatiently waited for the right time. Almost 3 years ago was finally time. So here I am.

You're right, unlike the guys out West most of us in the East aren't blessed with the ability to go to the end of the road and be in the wilderness in 10 minutes. But we do have a ton of opportunities to get out in the woods, we just have to work harder to find them. We have several offroad parks, and there are many many forest roads and some gnarly trails within a 2 hour drive from Darlington. I also built my rig so that I could go pretty much anywhere I wanted and have the ability to drive back home again. Been to Moab this year, several trips to our "mountains", Rausch Creek twice, and the couple miles of trails shared with my neighbor behind my house anytime I choose to. Besides one bent axle flange and a leaking thermostat housing I've had zero issues.

So there you have it. Do I drive it to the store? Yep. Do I sometimes drive it making sales calls in the Summer with the top off? You bet your ass! Do I go to get wonder bread with it? Sometimes. But I NEVER, EVER, use it to go get canadian bacon. I get the good stuff at a local butcher shop. ;)

I don't really know what your intentions were here. If it was to poke at a couple guys or just asking a general question? If the former, no biggie. If the latter, then I question why you are even here. This community is here because we all share several overlapping passions.And honestly, its no ones business why or how we choose to build our rigs or spend our money.

Lol he called you out cause he is jealous of your Jeep and that you actually use it. Either way great response Jerry :yup:

daddyusmaximus

A 4x4 (Jeep) can take you to any mall or grocery store just like a prius can.

A 4x4 (Jeep) can also take me anywhere else, where there is no road, or it is only a trail through the woods... like a prius can NOT.

4x4 (Jeep) for the win.

Nothing wrong with living on a paved street and owning a 4x4. You couldn't pay me enough to live in a big city, I'm a small town guy, but my Jeep can take me into the big city if I want to visit, or go shopping.

Why do I own firearms and carry one with me every day? I'm not a soldier anymore... Because if I need it, (hope I never do again) it will be there for me.

Short answer... Because I can!

Make America great again... drive a Jeep.

:bleh:

Last edited:

NecessaryEvil

Caught the Bug
That's weird, short of two off road parks, I have no where to off road but yet I have pictures of my jeep in Colorado, Utah, Arizona, Texas, and many other states. Who would have thought you can drive to other states to off road. Go troll somewhere else tool bag.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Chad

Why do I own firearms and carry one with me every day? I'm not a soldier anymore... Because if I need it, (hope I never do again) it will be there for me.

Short answer... Because I can!

Make America great again... drive a Jeep.

:bleh:[/QUOTE]

Damn straight! I couldn't have said it any better.

daddyusmaximus

Probably won't be back in this thread. Must realize by now that you don't join a group of enthusiasts, then question their choice to like their stuff.

I hate it when people pile on to some poor guy who doesn't know better, but it doesn't seem like this was a real quest for learning. I'm sure by he's now thinking "Why the f- did I ask that?"

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Do those 'Monster Masher' tires and that 12,000lb. winch help you get to the supermarket when you run out of 'Wonderbread' or you need some more 'Canadian Bacon' .... ?

:idontknow:....

20170131183137-f14147e2.jpg

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi
Probably won't be back in this thread. Must realize by now that you don't join a group of enthusiasts, then question their choice to like their stuff.

I hate it when people pile on to some poor guy who doesn't know better, but it doesn't seem like this was a real quest for learning. I'm sure by he's now thinking "Why the f- did I ask that?"

Look back at his posts. He's here to troll.

Napalm

Do I NEED a Jeep? Nope, I could get everything that I do on a daily basis done with a Prius. I don't go off road every single day. Heck, I don't go off road at all. Even when asked to go off road, I do whatever it takes to find an excuse to stay away [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

All that said, I drive a Jeep because I find it the most fun to dump any and all extra money that I make into already a somewhat expensive rolling brick.

[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

trailraider

I'm embarrassed he's listed as Canadian.

whats with all these Idiots? I assume its something he has toked living where he does.
why would someone give a shit about why you own something? if you can afford it , who gives a shit. Jeeps are a hell of a lot more practical then a vette,good for maybe three month a year here.but i don't question why people own those(although we all know its small penis syndrome). it's their passion and I respect that. if it isn't for you move along.

sipafz

Caught the Bug
Why a Jeep ?

Using 'Google Earth' and looking at some of the locations that some members call home ..... urban areas mostly, lots of pavement, maybe a gravel road now and then ...
It begs the question: Do you really need a Jeep?
Do those 'Monster Masher' tires and that 12,000lb. winch help you get to the supermarket when you run out of 'Wonderbread' or you need some more 'Canadian Bacon' .... ?
If, for example ... you lived in Saukville, Wisconsin, or Darlington, Pennsylvania, would you even need to go 'off-road' at all ?
Just wondering ......

Wow, I stumbled on to your rant and see that you took the time to look me up. Don't I feel special!

I'm a bit confused by your comments, but what's the difference, obviously I struck a nerve!

As to your question "Do you really need a Jeep?" I find it as retarded as the rest of your posts and comments. Nobody needs a Jeep! Not even you! The facts are that I work hard for a living and have the means to own pretty much any vehicle I want. What I do with my money and free time is nobody's business mine and my wife's. It's laughable that you think you know something about me by looking me up on Google. I'm not even going to venture a guess as to why you continue to hang around where you're not welcome. In the end, your name "Macarena Man" will be just another on the long list of inactive members. Do us all a favor and put a plastic bag over your head, tie it tight and take deep breaths!

Last edited:

Macarena Man

Just curious as to 'why' someone would outfit any 4x4 vehicle when they aren't living in an area where it's essentially needed.
In the coastal logging industry, a 4x4 truck is a necessity ..... guess we're lucky here with the thousands of miles of logging road, and the wildlife, hunting, etc. just outside the door.
Didn't know that the eastern folks have 'parks' and designated trails to 4wheel drive in ..... do you have to pay/make appointments for these parks ?
As to the many folks that chose to respond, thank you ..... it's been a learning experience.
You may want to 'Google' British Columbia .... anywhere. We have a lot of 'playground' here ......
Will be looking for elk tomorrow .....

WJCO

Meme King
Just curious as to 'why' someone would outfit any 4x4 vehicle when they aren't living in an area where it's essentially needed.
In the coastal logging industry, a 4x4 truck is a necessity ..... guess we're lucky here with the thousands of miles of logging road, and the wildlife, hunting, etc. just outside the door.
Didn't know that the eastern folks have 'parks' and designated trails to 4wheel drive in ..... do you have to pay/make appointments for these parks ?
As to the many folks that chose to respond, thank you ..... it's been a learning experience.
You may want to 'Google' British Columbia .... anywhere. We have a lot of 'playground' here ......
Will be looking for elk tomorrow .....

Even though you're a troll, I'm going to take a minute to answer your question seriously. Why drop a quarter mil on a Lamborghini? Why buy 20 guns when you only have 2 hands? Why did I just buy a paintball gun for kicks? Why sell a 55 inch TV and replace it with a 56 inch TV? PEOPLE SPEND MONEY ON THEIR PASSIONS AND HOBBIES. It's human nature. It really isn't that tough to comprehend.

Using 'Google Earth' and looking at some of the locations that some members call home ..... urban areas mostly, lots of pavement, maybe a gravel road now and then ...
It begs the question: Do you really need a Jeep?
If, for example ... you lived in Saukville, Wisconsin, or Darlington, Pennsylvania, would you even need to go 'off-road' at all ?
Just wondering ......

This post barely deserves a response because it's ridiculous. We'll do whatever the hell we want to with our jeeps, regardless of where we live. We make money, we pay the bills for it. Judging by your weird joker avatar, I'm going to go out on a limb here and say you're a complete weirdo...but that's JUST an assumption. Good luck here on the forum, bud... :crazyeyes:

Top Bottom