CB Antenna Firestick 2 vs Firefly

I'm starting to put my CB order together. Does it matter which antenna I go with between theses two? They are both very similar in cost so that's not really a factor. I plan on using a 4ft with a Cobra 75, Firestick quick disconnect, and heavy duty spring on an EVO tailgate mount. thanks in advance for advice

jkris

I have the exact setup you are talking about. I know some like the firefly due to it being a bit lighter and I believe it is more flexible than the firestik II. I went with the firestik II though after reading several reviews by many radio users saying that it had better reception when tuned properly. I have 0 complaints with my 4 ft firestik II other than it being a bit long. But hell, I see guys running 106" whips so... I can get good reception on highway approx 1 1/2 to 2 miles. And the heavy spring is the way to go with the 4 ft.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

BaddestCross

Good choice. I went with the Firefly first but the reception and transmit power were super low. When I swapped it for the 4' II both doubled and my SWR is under 2 across all channels.

Sent from my SM-N915P using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom