Some build advice

MR.Ty

Token East Coast Guy
Welcome to WAL!

Personally I try to avoid mud, it has a tendency to get everywhere you don't want it to go but it is inevitable sometimes. If you're dead set on muddin' I'd just put some good M/Ts on in the same size you currently have, get a nice WARN winch, put it into 4HI and start driving through mud holes. :yup:

WJCO

Meme King
Welcome from Boulder. We don't have a ton of mud around here compared to other places in the country, but the closer you wheel toward Spring time or early Summer, the snow melt provides a lot more water crossings where you can still get your Jeep dirty.

jkris

Welcome! One thing I have learned from this forum is just to go wheel it stock for a while and then find out where to start your upgrades from that. So, essentially what MR. Ty said!

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

BananaJeep

Caught the Bug
If you go out and start off-roading in your Jeep, you will slowly see what you need and what you don't need. I see lots of people build a Jeep and THEN they go out and wheel it. I recommend just the opposite. Hell, wheel it stock if you have to. Every time you take it out on a trail, you'll find something you can improve on your rig. Good luck, and enjoy! :thumb:

BananaJeep

Caught the Bug
Although I would recommend getting rid of that horrible looking grill guard... lol just my :twocents:

AllAmericanInfidel

Caught the Bug
Agreed with most on here, wheel it as it is and make improvements from there. I personally would recommend you buy good recovery gear, winch, and protection first. I would go with some more aggressive MTs as well if you plan on frequenting mud. I hate mud lol.

Heavyhaul07

Welcome to WAL!

Personally I try to avoid mud, it has a tendency to get everywhere you don't want it to go but it is inevitable sometimes. If you're dead set on muddin' I'd just put some good M/Ts on in the same size you currently have, get a nice WARN winch, put it into 4HI and start driving through mud holes. :yup:

This^^^^^^. I'm not a fan of mud neither

JeepsySoul

If you go out and start off-roading in your Jeep, you will slowly see what you need and what you don't need. I see lots of people build a Jeep and THEN they go out and wheel it. I recommend just the opposite. Hell, wheel it stock if you have to. Every time you take it out on a trail, you'll find something you can improve on your rig. Good luck, and enjoy! :thumb:

^^ This x100. I wheeled my TJ Rubicon stock for a year before I began my build. I'm not saying wait that long, but put yourself in some situations and places... see what you like, and what you don't enjoy so much. The places I explored and obstacles I did when it was stock had a major influence on the build path I am currently on. For me, wanting a jeep started out as simply wanting to do cool jeep-y stuff (mud, rocks), and how cool it was going to look... ::end of thought process - lets go buy it!!!:: But then after I got it and started wheeling... my mindset about it evolved into a greater passion that was less about the type of terrain and challenges I was after, and more into this raging wanderlust completely obsessed with finding the most gorgeous, unspoiled, breath-taking places that America the beautiful has to offer, and how can my Jeep get me THERE. [[substantial portion of blame for said raging wanderlust also goes to the Wayalife YouTube videos]].

Also, read read read read reviews of products by people who have installed and used before you buy them. The most expensive thing is not always the best thing. And the cheapest thing is not always the worst thing.

Marry a mechanic. Definitely made my build process easier. :blush:

Top Bottom