Moab Trip Feeler (Oct. 1st - 7th, 2017)

CommandoJK

Was there at that time a year and a half ago! Would be interested in joining you if you are alright with that. Coming down from Ontario, Canada so a far hike for me.

JeepsySoul

Was there at that time a year and a half ago! Would be interested in joining you if you are alright with that. Coming down from Ontario, Canada so a far hike for me.

Absolutely!

Man, I'm so excited that so many people are interested in going! It's going to be great to Jeep with all of you!

JeepsySoul

I'm been daydreaming about this trip at work this morning and getting excited. So I thought I'd "bump" this thread up to check on interest now that it's getting closer.

LearJeff

If you guys are OK with a WAYALIFE and wheeling "noob" tagging along, I'd love to join you guys! I have a moderately built Rubicon Hard Rock but I carry a bunch of tools and some spares and I always come with a willingness to learn and lend a hand whenever necessary... if that's enough to somewhat offset my lack of wheeling experience, again - I'd really love to tag along! Is there a minimum equipment and Jeep build requirement listed for this run? Just want to make sure I meet the specs (if I'm allowed to join the group) Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

ChiliDawg

If you guys are OK with a WAYALIFE and wheeling "noob" tagging along, I'd love to join you guys! I have a moderately built Rubicon Hard Rock but I carry a bunch of tools and some spares and I always come with a willingness to learn and lend a hand whenever necessary... if that's enough to somewhat offset my lack of wheeling experience, again - I'd really love to tag along! Is there a minimum equipment and Jeep build requirement listed for this run? Just want to make sure I meet the specs (if I'm allowed to join the group) Thanks!

I can't speak for everyone but usually the group that we run with is pretty accommodating provided that you've at least got the bare minimum to not be a liability on the trail. So, front and rear tow points, tools, tow strap, hi lift jack, first aid gear, and some common sense. Oh and you have to be cool people. [emoji12]

I haven't been to Moab yet so I'll wait for someone to chime in on how built your rig needs to be.

LearJeff

Cool! I've got several pieces of recovery gear (winch, straps, snatch blocks, D-rings, tree saver, etc) plus a Hi-Lift and a bottle jack with a Safe-Jack base plate, first aid kit, fire extinguishers, lots of tools...But, of course, if there's something else I need, I'll definitely add it to my kit. I'm running a 2.5" Game Changer Lift on 35's...so that's what I meant by moderate build. I guess that's what I'm most worried about - that a 2.5" Lift on 35's might not be enough for what is planned? But I'll stand by and hope for the best! Thanks again for the info.

ChiliDawg

Cool! I've got several pieces of recovery gear (winch, straps, snatch blocks, D-rings, tree saver, etc) plus a Hi-Lift and a bottle jack with a Safe-Jack base plate, first aid kit, fire extinguishers, lots of tools...But, of course, if there's something else I need, I'll definitely add it to my kit. I'm running a 2.5" Game Changer Lift on 35's...so that's what I meant by moderate build. I guess that's what I'm most worried about - that a 2.5" Lift on 35's might not be enough for what is planned? But I'll stand by and hope for the best! Thanks again for the info.

I hope it's enough because that's what I run [emoji1]

I'm geared and locked though, idk what you've got there.

LearJeff

Its a Rubi Hard Rock so it's got front and rear lockers and the electronic sway bar disconnect and its got 3.73's... and just to prove what a noob I am, I'm not even sure if 3.73's are a good thing or not with 35's... Pretty embarrassing to admit that here but I figure putting myself out there and suffering the ridicule is the only way I'm going to learn [emoji28]

JeepsySoul

I can't speak for everyone but usually the group that we run with is pretty accommodating provided that you've at least got the bare minimum to not be a liability on the trail. So, front and rear tow points, tools, tow strap, hi lift jack, first aid gear, and some common sense. Oh and you have to be cool people. [emoji12]

I haven't been to Moab yet so I'll wait for someone to chime in on how built your rig needs to be.

Guys, I feel like the blind leading the blind here as this is my first trip too, LOL. I'm there to do all kinds of trails... especially ones that lead you to a cool view (Top of the World). While I am definitely looking for some challenges, it is not my intention to be doing the ultra-difficult trails with high tip-over risk.

My TJ is moderately built and I figure that I have mid-level experience. 4.5" S.A. lift, sitting on 35" procomps, front and rear lockers, 4.11's, and a 12,000lb winch.

Like @chilidawg said, as long as you have the basics we can all accommodate each other. And the absolute mandatory is that you have to be cool people :)

Looking forward to seeing you there @LearJeff!

LearJeff

Guys, I feel like the blind leading the blind here as this is my first trip too, LOL. I'm there to do all kinds of trails... especially ones that lead you to a cool view (Top of the World). While I am definitely looking for some challenges, it is not my intention to be doing the ultra-difficult trails with high tip-over risk.

My TJ is moderately built and I figure that I have mid-level experience. 4.5" S.A. lift, sitting on 35" procomps, front and rear lockers, 4.11's, and a 12,000lb winch.

Like @chilidawg said, as long as you have the basics we can all accommodate each other. And the absolute mandatory is that you have to be cool people :)

Looking forward to seeing you there @LearJeff!

Well it's coming up fast now! How's the group shaping up? I'm still super interested and ready to start my serious planning stage. If all goes accordingly (and my boss doesn't pull any last minute shenanigans) I am pretty much ready to hit the road. Will anyone be traveling from the San Francisco Bay Area? If so, hit me up if you want to convoy. Thanks again, can't wait!

Top Bottom