The Build of NABOO the Starfighter JK

M_Savage

Caught the Bug
Got some more pictures from my co pilot.

IMG_5360.jpg IMG_5462.jpg IMG_5447.jpg IMG_5305.jpg

I'm still really surprised at what my jeep was able to do with the current set up. I didn't need to winch out or wish I had lockers. But I will soon have lockers so the plenty more fun to be had!!
IMG_5461.jpg

No one was injured from the use of a highlift jack.
IMG_5489.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

M_Savage

Caught the Bug
just placed and order for 1350 axle yoke and transfer case flange from JE Reel for the PR60. ill be calling back for the Drive line order once i get the measurement.

Now just need to think of a reason to tell the girl my Jeep needed to stay over night at a friends house while waiting for the shaft. lol

M_Savage

Caught the Bug
Also decided to take a trip Down to my local shop AKA Geoff's house and get some work down. Got a late start to the day so didn't get everything I wanted done.

Started off first with headlights. Just when I thought everything was going to go easy it turns for the worst!!!! Plugged everything in and I didn't have brights. They wouldn't turn on in any position. So after some further diagnostics by the shop manager (Geoff) he figured out the dealership switched 2 wires. So we had to basically redo everything they did. But their wiring job was really clean.

IMG_7756.jpg

But now I got some good eyes back on NABOO!
IMG_7774.JPG
IMG_7775.jpg

Last edited:

M_Savage

Caught the Bug
After the headlights we got working on the builder corners. Been very excited for these!

With the sun going down by the time we started drilling I knew we were only going to get one side done.

What would be a day that Geoff doesn't drill or cut in my jeep?

IMG_7758.jpg

All measured up and ready for holes
IMG_7760.jpg
IMG_7762.jpg
IMG_7764.jpg
IMG_7766.jpg

I would say we lined her up really nice!
IMG_7771.jpg

Finished product. Just need to paint.
IMG_7770.jpg

JeepJeep75

IMG_7644.jpg Had a lot of fun helping you work on Naboo yesterday. Good thing we had another jeep or two laying around to go look at for reference on figuring out our wiring issue we ran into. I wonder how long, if even at all, the dealer duders could have figured out that they made a mistake when they re-wired the headlight harness plugs.

TrainWreck618

Caught the Bug
After the headlights we got working on the builder corners. Been very excited for these!

With the sun going down by the time we started drilling I knew we were only going to get one side done.

What would be a day that Geoff doesn't drill or cut in my jeep?

View attachment 248879

All measured up and ready for holes
View attachment 248880
View attachment 248881
View attachment 248882
View attachment 248883

I would say we lined her up really nice!
View attachment 248885

Finished product. Just need to paint.
View attachment 248886

Great job[emoji106]

AZ Explorer

Caught the Bug
Going to be awesome, but man does cutting that much scare the shit out of me! Looks like it's paying off nicely.

M_Savage

Caught the Bug
This is how I left things tonight. Hopefully the paint with cure overnight enough so I can get things put back tomorrow.

IMG_7780.jpg

Well not exactly this way. I did finish painting them. Lol

M_Savage

Caught the Bug
Got everything mounted up and wired yesterday!

It's the details that count. Last screw putting the tail lights in; in the dark again.

IMG_7786.jpg

Here is the finished product just in time for the rain
IMG_7787.jpg
IMG_7789.jpg
IMG_7790.jpg

Still have to put the gas cap in. Needs minor modifications.

M_Savage

Caught the Bug
so after my first official rock crawling experience I have 40 envy......... on man this is bad news because 1. this is my daily driver and 2. I need new shoes soon..... oh and 3. the axles I have bought are not enough for 40s :(

Nitto 40s are a want in the future! oh man this is very bad thoughts coming to my mind.

Top Bottom