The Build of NABOO the Starfighter JK

M_Savage

Caught the Bug
I'd be down for a run... This weekend no good, but possibly the next. Let me know if you put something together.

Sent from my SM-N915P using WAYALIFE mobile app

this weekend is no good either because my 'mother in-law' is in town. :( and next weekend might not work either because my jeep should be under the knife for the axle swap!:). you are more than welcome to help with that? more hands the better I would think? or if you just wanted to stop by and meet a couple members, let me know.

other than that I think the following week should be good for a shakedown run for me and a regular run for those around LA.

BaddestCross

this weekend is no good either because my 'mother in-law' is in town. :( and next weekend might not work either because my jeep should be under the knife for the axle swap!:). you are more than welcome to help with that? more hands the better I would think? or if you just wanted to stop by and meet a couple members, let me know.

other than that I think the following week should be good for a shakedown run for me and a regular run for those around LA.
My main concern would be catching a bad case of axle envy. 😂 It's possible I could come down and help out... Depends on what hours my wife is working that weekend. What part of town are you in?

dillard09

My main concern would be catching a bad case of axle envy. 😂 It's possible I could come down and help out... Depends on what hours my wife is working that weekend. What part of town are you in?

Oh yea! Come on down! Should have plenty of work going on. Front and rear axle swaps, 5 slabs need dismount and remount on new tires, wiring up ARBs, skid plate installs, driveshafts, and possible more. Should be some good times, lots of work, good people, and alot of learning for all.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using WAYALIFE mobile app

M_Savage

Caught the Bug
My main concern would be catching a bad case of axle envy. [emoji23] It's possible I could come down and help out... Depends on what hours my wife is working that weekend. What part of town are you in?

What's wrong with a bad case of axle envy? Haha. It will be an early start and late evening kind of hours so come on by when you can. It will be in Redondo beach area.

Oh yea! Come on down! Should have plenty of work going on. Front and rear axle swaps, 5 slabs need dismount and remount on new tires, wiring up ARBs, skid plate installs, driveshafts, and possible more. Should be some good times, lots of work, good people, and alot of learning for all.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using WAYALIFE mobile app

Wait.... there is a lot more on this "to do" list than I am aware of. Well only the skid plate stuff. Who is adding skid plates?

Did you order up the tires yet? I'll bring my highlift jack this time so we can pop the bead from both sides and hopefully not take 3 hours on 1 tire.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

BaddestCross

Lol. I just got my Jeep where I wanted it to be on the 35s. I don't want to get the bug for axles and 40s yet! 😂

I do need to install some Rockstars, though. 😎

M_Savage

Caught the Bug
So the axles will be ready for pick up next week!:)

Can anyone confirm I can fit a PR44/60 in the back of a JKU with the seats down? And 2 people can lift them out?

AZ Explorer

Caught the Bug
You have a hitch. You might want to think about renting a small U-haul trailer. There is no milage fee as I recall and the 4x7 open utility trailer and 4x8 enclosed cargo trailer are only $14.95 plus tax a day. They also have a low deck height. Easiest solution I can think of without borrowing a friends pickup.

M_Savage

Caught the Bug
You have a hitch. You might want to think about renting a small U-haul trailer. There is no milage fee as I recall and the 4x7 open utility trailer and 4x8 enclosed cargo trailer are only $14.95 plus tax a day. They also have a low deck height. Easiest solution I can think of without borrowing a friends pickup.

Well now your just thinking too logical. Hahahaha

M_Savage

Caught the Bug
Logical or lazy, I don't know LOL.

well I looked and a trailer from Uhaul will run about $30-$40. not too bad and it will be much easier to lift the axle in and out of with this plus I know everything will fit. so this is probably the way its going to go down.

AZ Explorer

Caught the Bug
Nice! a little more than I saw in my area, maybe my location is a bit cheaper due to how many U-hauls we have. Still, its a bargain considering how much easier it will be for you. Not lifting so high is huge and I had my doubts about even one of them fitting because the crate is pretty big even on just the 44 (All I got so far). Your carpet and plastics will fare better too if that was at all a concern. Looking forward to the end result on an already badass rig!

M_Savage

Caught the Bug
Nice! a little more than I saw in my area, maybe my location is a bit cheaper due to how many U-hauls we have. Still, its a bargain considering how much easier it will be for you. Not lifting so high is huge and I had my doubts about even one of them fitting because the crate is pretty big even on just the 44 (All I got so far). Your carpet and plastics will fare better too if that was at all a concern. Looking forward to the end result on an already badass rig!

Well thank you very much and I am so looking forward to it!! Going to be tough work doing it myself (with some friends) but totally worth it! Looking forward to see how he rides after the swap!

Top Bottom