Average lifespan mileage for MT tires ??

Flat Top

What mileage did you get out of your last set of MTs?

I'm getting to a point where I will need to replace my Nitto Trail Grapplers (load range D2) in the next few months. They have been great tires (3 years) but my one reservation is wear. The Jeep is my daily driver and I have about 37K on the tires now. I've noticed the wet traction has started to suffer over the last 2-3k (corresponded to tires getting much louder) even though I have decent (1/2 inch) tread left.

I pulled just over 50K out of my Mickey Thompson ATZ (yes I know AT's) so I was wondering what other's experiences were with MTs were. Should I be happy with the 40K I will most likely get out of them?

Again not complaining about the tire, just wondering how they compare in wear to other MTs.

Thanks!

WJCO

Meme King
30k to 40k is pretty common in my experience. Provided you rotate them every 5k or less.

Andy5160

Hooked
40K Miles is pretty good anticipation for MT. I have my Toyo's for a little under 20k miles now which was less then a year and the way i see it i will not get to 40K so if i were to project for myself no more then 35k

bthomas

My experience is limited to two sets, I got about 40k out of a set of KM2's with maybe 20-30% tread left. Sold those to upsize. That set is my current MTR-K, these are wearing about the same. Usually rotated both sets around 3-5k miles.

madstiles

If you still have that much tread you could get the siped many tire shops do it. It will dramatically increase traction on wet roads. Won't help with the noise though lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using WAYALIFE mobile app

RockinAZJK

Caught the Bug
If you still have that much tread you could get the siped many tire shops do it. It will dramatically increase traction on wet roads. Won't help with the noise though lol

However, siping typically will dramatically decrease the life of the tires, so if they're already getting low on tread that may not be the way to go if OP isn't looking to spring for a set right meow.

Build Thread - "Jenny"
http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?41740-The-build-of-Jenny&highlight=build jenny

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
I think it really depends on the load rating on the tire, whether it's a 2 door or 4 door, how much weight you have on your Jeep, etc.

I know I had easily over 50% tread left on my 35" mud grapplers before I got rid of them and I put around 25k miles on em over 2 1/2 years. Really just depends on the tire.

I would say a good average tho is about 40k miles. That will vary tho with what I mentioned above

Lloydsmale

ill second that. My old Silverado had bfg mt on it with about 40k on them and they were to the point they were dangerous on ice and snow. I had them sipped and they improved a lot. Still not great but then they never were. But at least I wasn't afraid to leave home on them.

madstiles

ill second that. My old Silverado had bfg mt on it with about 40k on them and they were to the point they were dangerous on ice and snow. I had them sipped and they improved a lot. Still not great but then they never were. But at least I wasn't afraid to leave home on them.
How many miles did you get after siping? Do you remember the cost? Thanks!

Basscat

What mileage did you get out of your last set of MTs?

I'm getting to a point where I will need to replace my Nitto Trail Grapplers (load range D2) in the next few months. They have been great tires (3 years) but my one reservation is wear. The Jeep is my daily driver and I have about 37K on the tires now. I've noticed the wet traction has started to suffer over the last 2-3k (corresponded to tires getting much louder) even though I have decent (1/2 inch) tread left.

I pulled just over 50K out of my Mickey Thompson ATZ (yes I know AT's) so I was wondering what other's experiences were with MTs were. Should I be happy with the 40K I will most likely get out of them?

Again not complaining about the tire, just wondering how they compare in wear to other MTs.

Thanks!

My experience has been 35k to 40k but it also depends on how low you're willing to let the tread get. MTs start to look pretty sad even when they still have "acceptable" tread depth left. I find myself getting rid of MTs (selling them) before they wear completely just to get new deep blocks.

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

Judesign

Caught the Bug
Agreed. I usually get new ones well before they're completely bald. That being said in my experience with toyo, procomp, maxxis, and bf Goodrich, my favorite by far are the toyos. Even tread wear, great off road but heaaaaavy. Now I'm looking at cooper or nitto

Top Bottom