Any 805'ers Out There?

Regolith

Hey Fellow 'Lifers,

Just wanted to reach out to see if there were any CA Central Coast (805'ers) out in the interwebs that knew of any Jeep meets or trail runs? I've done Pismo Beach a handful of times and I recently ran FR 5N12 out of Solvang to Santa Barbara. The ride was amazing, with lots of photo ops of the ocean.

Anyway, I wanted to see if anyone knew of some other good trails? And if the local Jeepers like to meet up anywhere to just grab a beer, talk Jeeps, and show off their rides?

10abadilla/jk

I live in Solvang. I can show you a couple trails. A lot of them have been bulldozed because of the big fire we had. But There are a couple that are not. And the rains here washed out most of them making them fun again.

Sent from my LG-H900 using WAYALIFE mobile app

scrota76

Hey Fellow 'Lifers,

Just wanted to reach out to see if there were any CA Central Coast (805'ers) out in the interwebs that knew of any Jeep meets or trail runs? I've done Pismo Beach a handful of times and I recently ran FR 5N12 out of Solvang to Santa Barbara. The ride was amazing, with lots of photo ops of the ocean.

Anyway, I wanted to see if anyone knew of some other good trails? And if the local Jeepers like to meet up anywhere to just grab a beer, talk Jeeps, and show off their rides?
I was scrolling through stuff tonight and saw this post. I live up in paso, about 30 minutes north of me, so about one hour for you, there is the Williams Hill area. Its BLM with marked trails. There is an old rock quarry that is now a legal shooting area. There is also a very well maintained primitive campground with modern outhouses, and every campspot has a cover, fire pit, and picnic bench. Its a great spot for an overnight run. Just take a machete or a chainsaw unless you dont mind pinstriping.

Its also close to Lake San Antonio which should be opening soon. Lake Nacimiento is also not to far away.

If you are a hunter there is some good quail in that area as well.

Directions: (get gas in Paso)
From N/B HWY 101 exit at Cattlemen Road (San Ardo exit). Turn left.

Go approximately 1.5 miles to Lockwood-San Ardo Road and turn left. You will now be on a county maintained dirt road.

Go approximately 8 miles to the top of hill. The road splits three ways at this point. Going straight and slighty right will take you to the range. Going hard left and uphill will take you to the campground and the better trails. Going left and downhill will take you to the Lockwood area and to Lake San Antonio.

I really enjoy this area. Its my go to place for shooting and wheeling.

Happy Wheeling.

Sent from my SM-G935V using WAYALIFE mobile app

Last edited:

10abadilla/jk

I was scrolling through stuff tonight and saw this post. I live up in paso, about 30 minutes north of me, so about one hour for you, there is the Williams Hill area. Its BLM with marked trails. There is an old rock quarry that is now a legal shooting area. There is also a very well maintained primitive campground with modern outhouses, and every campspot has a cover, fire pit, and picnic bench. Its a great spot for an overnight run. Just take a machete or a chainsaw unless you dont mind pinstriping.

Its also close to Lake San Antonio which should be opening soon. Lake Nacimiento is also not to far away.

If you are a hunter there is some good quail in that area as well.

Directions: (get gas in Paso)
From N/B HWY 101 exit at Cattlemen Road (San Ardo exit). Turn left.

Go approximately 1.5 miles to Lockwood-San Ardo Road and turn left. You will now be on a county maintained dirt road.

Go approximately 8 miles to the top of hill. The road splits three ways at this point. Going straight and slighty right will take you to the range. Going hard left and uphill will take you to the campground and the better trails. Going left and downhill will take you to the Lockwood area and to Lake San Antonio.

I really enjoy this area. Its my go to place for shooting and wheeling.

Happy Wheeling.

Sent from my SM-G935V using WAYALIFE mobile app
Thank you for this. It something I to would like to check out.

Sent from my LG-H900 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Regolith

Sorry, I forgot to reply to the thread after I asked the question. Thanks to everyone that replied and gave their 2 cents on what the local area has to offer. I figured now that the weather is starting to warm up, maybe I should put some life back in this thread and see if anyone in the 805 wants to meet up?

Top Bottom