WAYALIFE Old Iron Recovery Rig

JamesCo

:cheesy: As a matter of fact, yes it was :crazyeyes:

I lived right around the corner for a few years. The Sportsmans Warehouse across the street has a lot of my money. Your drive there and back on US 95 is a great drive, theres a good Basque restaurant in Jordan Valley, OR. I lived in Boise and worked out of Benecia, CA. I drove that a couple times a month. Great looking truck, it'll definitely get the job done for you and be comfortable. :rock:

Last edited:

Brute

Hooked
Congrats on the new truck purchase & welcome to the big truck club...now all you need is a big-ass boat...

mastrcruse

Congrats! LBZ's have the potential of being Beasts. I had an LML ('12) but gave it up when I got a job with a car included. Next year, I'll be looking to buy the new L5P for a jeep tow vehicle. Keep us updated on how ya like it and how it tows. Love me some DMAX!

Sullivan

I had a duramax LMM before my Ford 6.7. My duramax with a tuner had incredible power and was actually fun to drive.
Now my Ford tows better. But that's mostly because it had the wheelbase of a school bus.
For that new 06 Duramax, depending on what you might tow, since it's so cheap you might want to look into rear airbags as helpers. The rears on those trucks aren't then stiffest for towing and I found that the airbags with just a little air in them made towing anything so much nicer and easier. Especially if you install a lift. The ass is going to really want to sag.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Any updates on the LBZ? Any plans on intake/exhaust/tune to extract some power and MPG out of her?

Been way too busy wheeling, doing maintenance on my other Jeeps, working on video projects and doing updates to the forum. I hope to find some time to work on it soon though.

MotoCult

Congrats on the GMC. Don't know anything about diesels but my two GMC Z-71'S have been super reliable.
My 99 is about 10,000 away from 300,000 all original drive train. My 06 has 240,000 on it also with all
original drive train.

The 99 pulling way more than it should for a 1/2 ton.

Attachments

• 2013-09-01_13-22-21_490.jpg
    2013-09-01_13-22-21_490.jpg
    101 KB · Views: 149

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
After towing Moby down to Motech a few weeks back, we realized that it would be helpful to have a little help holding up the rear end of our Duramax and so I installed a pair of AirLift airbags.

20170624164912-417c5600.jpg

20170624164914-b727a011.jpg

If you're in need of something like this on your tow rig, I would highly recommend AirLift. They are affordable and super easy to install. :yup:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Nice. Glad they worked out. Did you do in-cab controls or exterior valves?

For now, I just connected both air lines to a T-union and then ran a single line to the rear bumper with the schrader valve at the end. Seems that I won't be needing to change the psi in them too often so I figured this would work for now. I can always upgrade to the in-cab control at a later date if needed.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
For now, I just connected both air lines to a T-union and then ran a single line to the rear bumper with the schrader valve at the end. Seems that I won't be needing to change the psi in them too often so I figured this would work for now. I can always upgrade to the in-cab control at a later date if needed.

In can control with a little arb would be nice!

piginajeep

The Original Smartass
After towing Moby down to Motech a few weeks back, we realized that it would be helpful to have a little help holding up the rear end of our Duramax and so I installed a pair of AirLift airbags.

View attachment 265120

View attachment 265121

If you're in need of something like this on your tow rig, I would highly recommend AirLift. They are affordable and super easy to install. :yup:

Nice upgrade! I love my Airlift bags

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi

View attachment 265120

View attachment 265121

That's awesome. My dad could really have used a set up like that, but he's too tight for it.

Last edited:

Journeyman

That's exactly how I did my dmax. I actually ran such low air pressures that I could use my bicycle tire pump to fill the bags. Cheap I know, but literally took me only a minute to pump the bags up to 30 psi with a hand pump.
You can also play with the psi and it will affect your ride obviously. At 20 psi towing truck would sit level, but would get kind of bouncy on the bumpier sections of hwy. 30 psi the bounce disappeared.
Man I miss my duramax. But at the time my jku replaced it so that was obviously a great decision...

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Been so long since I've posted on this thread, I almost forgot that I had started it LOL

Anyway, been needing a set of new shoes for a while now and got a set of Nitto Recon Grapplers. And, like a lot of Nitto tires, they come with 2 different sidewalls.

Aggressive shoulder lugs.
IMG_9407.jpg

Modest shoulder lugs
IMG_9408.jpg

I'm thinking aggressive but what do you think? 😁

Top Bottom