Shock recommendations?

USOWEN

Looking for some new shocks for my 2004 Jeep TJ with a 2.5" lift
I'm also looking for a steering stabilizer if you have any recommendations.
Thank you! 🚙

Sent from my ONE A2005 using WAYALIFE mobile app

MR.Ty

Token East Coast Guy
Rancho.

Get the 9000s and you can really dial in your ride. They also have steering stabilizers.

USOWEN

They also have the 5000 and 7000. The 9000 is the only adjustable one.
I go to school mostly and I only go off-road like once a month if I'm lucky. are the 5000 or 7000 any better for ride comfort? (not that I'm expecting not to be thrown around, it is a jeep)

MR.Ty

Token East Coast Guy
I go to school mostly and I only go off-road like once a month if I'm lucky. are the 5000 or 7000 any better for ride comfort? (not that I'm expecting not to be thrown around, it is a jeep)

Well ride comfort is 100% subjective so I can't really say which ride you'd like better but with shocks the difference isn't going to be enough to notice.

As far as I know the 7000 has a stronger body and is charged to a higher pressure than the 5000s. Being that you're in a TJ you might be better off with the 5000s.

They also usually have a spring time rebate so you could save some extra coin there too.

USOWEN

Well ride comfort is 100% subjective so I can't really say which ride you'd like better but with shocks the difference isn't going to be enough to notice.

As far as I know the 7000 has a stronger body and is charged to a higher pressure than the 5000s. Being that you're in a TJ you might be better off with the 5000s.

They also usually have a spring time rebate so you could save some extra coin there too.
These look perfect for me

https://www.amazon.com/Rancho-RS5239-RS5000-Series-Shock/dp/B000CB42E2

objections?

USOWEN

None from me. Just an FYI since you're in MA is to run them without the shock boot. They can trap salt and grime and ruin the seal around the piston. That goes for any shock.
It could either trap it or keep it out 🤔 I could use them and just clean them out every time I get a car wash. actually that's a lot of work, I'm just not going to not use them. Thanks for the tip!

ob_tj

I have run 3 different brands of shocks on my tj. The shitty ones it came with, fox 2.0 reservoirs and now the bilsteins. And of the 3 I would have to say the bilsteins are my favorite. But I have yet to run the Rancho 9000.

2nd.gunman

Caught the Bug

5000s are similar to the 9000s without the adjustability and are set to the softer side of things. They are both twin tube shocks.

The 7000s are a more modern mono tube design and perform similar to a 9000 set about halfway.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Andy5160

Hooked
You can't go wrong with Rancho 9000 i have not a single regret had them for about 6 month.
PM Matt from Rancho he will get you exact part numbers for your set up

Good Luck

tdans

I love my bilstein 5100! I have blown through a few sets of rancho and skyjacker shocks! The bilsteins have lasted much longer with a better feel and ride!

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom