Who has experience with this tire?

RSQCON

So it's quite obvious that Nitto and Discovery have a pretty good following on this forum. I'm sure they are deserving of the accolades. I don't have any experience with those tires however I am currently running a set of Toyo Open County MTs on my truck and really like them.

The tire that I am interested in buying for my Jeep is the 37x12.5x17 BFG Mud Terrain T/A KM2.so who has run these in the past or is currently running them? How do they fair on the rocks AND on the pavement? How do they balance? How is the road noise at highways speeds?

GraniteCrystal

Everything I've read and heard is the KM2 is not a great tire. I had some for a brief time and hated them but that was mostly due to lack of tire rotation by previous owner. I think there are better tires out there.

USMC Wrangler

I didn't have them in the size you are talking about. They were 255/80R17's. I bought them new and had about 20000 miles on them when I traded for a set of 35's.

I did not get them out on any serious rock crawling trails, but overall I was very happy with them. I did the 5 tire rotation every 3000 miles and they still looked like new when I traded them.

They were louder on the road than my current Nittos and as I recall, balanced fine.

Many of the trucks at my job use the KM2's. They are almost never rotated and I definitely notice the poor wear pattern.

I've honestly never priced 37's in any brand, but I'm guessing there are tires just as good/better for less $$$. BFG's are generally good tires IMO, but they sure are proud of them!

Overall "build thread"
http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?26097-I-guess-it-s-the-quot-Super-Stocker-quot-build

DIY trail/tube door build http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?24449-My-DIY-Doors

Napalm

I personally would not buy them. For the money there are better 37s out there, and I am a huge fan of BFG tires. That being said, the KM2s run small in their actual measurement. They are about the smallest 37 out there.

Just my opinion.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Basscat

So it's quite obvious that Nitto and Discovery have a pretty good following on this forum. I'm sure they are deserving of the accolades. I don't have any experience with those tires however I am currently running a set of Toyo Open County MTs on my truck and really like them.

The tire that I am interested in buying for my Jeep is the 37x12.5x17 BFG Mud Terrain T/A KM2.so who has run these in the past or is currently running them? How do they fair on the rocks AND on the pavement? How do they balance? How is the road noise at highways speeds?

I've had several sets including 37x12.50 r17. I don't feel it's a bad tire at all. It's relatively quiet. Does OK in the rocks. You can't air it down too far as the sidewalls are softer. Tire does not do well on snow packed roads but does fine on the slick rock, in the dirt, and mud. It runs small in diameter compared to other tires. Wears fairly well for a mud tire.

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

Journeyman

I've had and loved bfg all terrains. Back in the day their mud terrains were the shit. I've never experienced the km2's personally, just their other mud terrain design and I hated them more recently. No matter how often I rotated them, the center lugs cupped out extremely bad, making them super loud and from what I've seen the km2's have the same problem.
I'm not sure why you'd buck the system. But the popular tires here are popular because they work well for us and all the jeeping situations we get ourselves into. Not because we get freebies or anything like that, but because they work! But it's your dough, so spend it how you like!

RSQCON

I've honestly never priced 37's in any brand, but I'm guessing there are tires just as good/better for less $$$.[/url]
I have not found that to be the case at all. BFG sure is proud of some of their tires but right now I can get them for less than what I paid for my 35" Toyo MTs.

That being said, the KM2s run small in their actual measurement. They are about the smallest 37 out there.[/url]
I have not physically taken a tape measure to any of the tire I referenced but in looking at each companies website they seem to be on par with everyone else's '37'

You can't air it down too far as the sidewalls are softer.[/url]
This is the feedback I am looking for and is certainly one of the issues I have come across in the course of my research. Thanks

I'm not sure why you'd buck the system. But the popular tires here are popular because they work well for us and all the jeeping situations we get ourselves into. Not because we get freebies or anything like that, but because they work...[/url]
I'm not try to ruffle any feathers but you better believe there are people that visit forums and take people's word as the Bible. That's just not my style! I like to solicit as much valuable information as possible and then make an informed decision. I have buddy that wheels in a TJ and swears by them so his word is as good as anyone here IMO.

Napalm

Here you go. This is from the Ultimate True Tire Size Database thread. All are 37s.
BFG KM2
IMG_1683.jpg
Nitto Trail Grappler
IMG_1681.jpg
Toyo MT.
IMG_1682.jpg
Cooper Disc. STT Pro.
IMG_1680.jpg

Just food for thought. This is always something that has steered me away from the KM2s, but again that is just my opinion.

Journeyman

No feathers ruffled yo!
Just commenting on my thoughts and personal experience is all. We all have very different opinions and you know what they say about those [emoji848]
Also I think the true tire data base can be a bit off. More of guidelines I think. It all depends on your jeeps weight and air pressures and probably wheel width also. I just installed 37-13.5-17 cooper stt pros and at 35 psi on my 8.5 wide wheels they came out 36"

GregMort13

Caught the Bug
No feathers ruffled yo!
Just commenting on my thoughts and personal experience is all. We all have very different opinions and you know what they say about those [emoji848]
Also I think the true tire data base can be a bit off. More of guidelines I think. It all depends on your jeeps weight and air pressures and probably wheel width also. I just installed 37-13.5-17 cooper stt pros and at 35 psi on my 8.5 wide wheels they came out 36"

I agree yet disagree, we measured cozdudes 37x12.5r17 coopers on chamber pros, 30psi and his were 35" to the shoulder, so probably a little less than 36 to the tread. I say i agree yet disagree bc there will always be fractions difference due to reasons you've named, the biggest being psi. But there wont be anything astoundingly different.

Journeyman

I agree yet disagree, we measured cozdudes 37x12.5r17 coopers on chamber pros, 30psi and his were 35" to the shoulder, so probably a little less than 36 to the tread. I say i agree yet disagree bc there will always be fractions difference due to reasons you've named, the biggest being psi. But there wont be anything astoundingly different.

Like I said guidelines!
I don't know the specs of the chamber pros, but I'm sure their wider than my 8.5 wide methods, which are the smallest width recommended for the 13.5 and you also measured the 12.5
Different tire...

Top Bottom