Steering Flighty after 35 inch Ridge Grapplers, spidertrax and TF leveling kit

madstiles

thanks will add this to the list, just the quote I got for replacing with dynatrac BJ's was about a grand mostly labor and from what I've seen that job is probably too much for me to do. and yup he said the same thing the factory are plastic and with 50k on it may be time, appreciate the feedback

Sent from my SM-G935T using WAYALIFE mobile app
I'll probably get dynatrac down the road when I can afford it but for now I went alloy usa and they do the job just fine

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using WAYALIFE mobile app

JKbrick

thanks will add this to the list, just the quote I got for replacing with dynatrac BJ's was about a grand mostly labor and from what I've seen that job is probably too much for me to do. and yup he said the same thing the factory are plastic and with 50k on it may be time, appreciate the feedback

If you like to wrench you can do this. I had never done ball joints before and tried it and got it done. You should do it

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

srosario

everyone is different, but i been fighting witht this issue for a while, and last night finally adjusted my arms angles. my caster was -1, and adjusted it to 5.0.
and what a huge difference. 80% better.
now just have to figure out the other 20%.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Rottenbelly

Will do, I also noticed that now when I hit a bump, it almost sounds like the jeep bottoms out and from the info you guys sent, if the castor is off then when you hit a bump the vibration is tranfered up differently, negative castor looks like the bump travels to the frame instead of the coil/springs.

Going to swap out the rims, remove the spacers and check the BJ's, control arms and castor angle, will report back this weekend with the outcome.

Thanks to all appreciate the information! Beers all around!

On the TF leveling kit the swaybar link bolt on the upper front would hit the metal part of the spring bucket on my jeep on a big bump. Have a shinny spot on the metal on my rig from it.
That may be the sound your hearing.

Jaysr007

so changed the rims, took off spacers, went with aev salta, some difference in the handling maybe 30% better, feels much more solid on road. gonna leave it for now and go with aev 2.5 lift in spring, which uses factory control arms I'm good....thanks will post some pics tonight

recon2067

What air pressure are you running? Anything over 30-32 will be too much on 35's and can cause the Jeep to experience the same thing. Our local tire shops here seem to think they need to fill them up to what is stamped on the sidewall or listed in the doorjam. I'm running 35x12.50 BFG KM2's and 27 PSI is perfect.

28 psi solved my steering issues IMG_0797.jpg

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom