Ultimate Offroad Dynamics Steering

Studfam24

So I was recently hit up on IG about this little starter company out of North Carolina. It was from a gentleman by the name of Oliver who appears to be the owner and operator of this company. They seem to specialize in upgraded steering for JK's. After speaking with him for some time online he sold me on the product at a largely discounted price.
Now there hasn't been much in the way of innovation in the steering of a straight axle over the years. This gentleman uses an outer steel sleeve and aluminum core to build the drag link and the tie rod. In short, it is a DOM sleeve with a solid aluminum core that he inserts with cryo liquid and comes with 1 ton TRE's. It arrived after several weeks "in shipping" for some odd reason.
I will go ahead and be the test run for this product. I have yet to see anyone review this product on here but I could be wrong, feel free to correct me ladies and gentlemen. Wouldn't be the first time I screwed that up, sorry.
When it arrived it was packaged well but without instructions. Being as I've done numerous steering upgrades on previous builds, it is no sweat for us. As for the under experienced, this could pose quite a problem. I requested it raw, and so it came but with no oil coating or protectant over it so it came with a slight rust on the surface. Again nothing I can't fix in a jiffy but still may pose a problem with a new Jeeper wanting a stronger steering setup. The welds and overall look is great. They are substantially beefy. I will be installing this on Monday. So standby for more.
IMG_3670.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Last edited:

WJCO

Meme King
My opinion is that you should clear this with admin if you haven't already. Mainly because you said the manufacturer discounted it for you hoping that you would spread the word about the product.

jeeeep

Hooked
so it's just an expensive draglink and tie rod?
There's no innovation in making it more expensive

Ddays

Hooked
I don't get it. What benefit is there in having a solid aluminum core? If he used good quality DOM tubing that in of itself should be sufficient, no?

Edit: As far as testing it, are you planning on whacking the hell out of it until it fails? Any new tie rod & drag link will perform just fine up and to the point of failure right? :idontknow:

Last edited:

jkris

I don't get it. What benefit is there in having a solid aluminum core? If he used good quality DOM tubing that in of itself should be sufficient, no?

Edit: As far as testing it, are you planning on whacking the hell out of it until it fails? Any new tie rod & drag link will perform just fine up and to the point of failure right? :idontknow:

X2 ^^^^^ This. I'm no engineer, but this was what exactly came to mind. Seems kinda gimmicky to me....

GENREC

I am familiar with this brand on IG as I was hit up. Very nice guy. I was not interested in trying it as I am happy with my synergy set up. I am all ears to hear how it goes however.

Jackal01

Search function
Not important enough. :crazyeyes: Secondly, I guess most people do not know this feature since I rarely see it used. Clicking the post number, (top right with number sign next to it) that is needing to be referenced, will change the URL. Opening the copied URL will then go straight to the post at the top of the page. :yup:

OhNoTheJiggies

Not important enough. :crazyeyes: Secondly, I guess most people do not know this feature since I rarely see it used. Clicking the post number, (top right with number sign next to it) that is needing to be referenced, will change the URL. Opening the copied URL will then go straight to the post at the top of the page. :yup:

Touché salesman! I did not know that tidbit, good info, thanks. :thumb:

Top Bottom