GHOST PEPPER - The next step build for Adrock's 2012 JKU Sport

VeruGE*144

Caught the Bug
Thanks, the install looks pretty involved - esp for the higher clearance brackets. Just a heads up there. Read a lot on the setup before you dive in, esp if you're installing!

Yup, I need to call evo to make sure the arms I want to get will work on factory axle and Dynatracs in the future. I just installed ProSteers in my d44 so I'll be sticking with those axles for a bit.
I am looking to be adding double throw down and lever kit sometime in the future. I am taking it slow.

I will be stocking your thread. Looks good and am kinda jealous...... Just kidding am not a jealous person at all. Am happy for you, ENOJY!!!!!

.....…...............................................................
MY BUILT/REBUILD: http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?44123-Rebuilt-of-a-Billet-Silver-mall-crawler&p=859931#post859931

AdrockTT

OK some more progress.
-Rear high clearance long arms installed, brackets welded and painted.
-Rear bolt on coilovers installed.
-In the middle of install for the rear Evo rock stops/air bumps.
-Attempting to hang rear axle now.

Resized_20170406_174134.jpg
Resized_20170406_174057.jpg
Resized_20170406_174120.jpg
Resized_20170406_174041.jpg

AdrockTT

In dialing in the rear PR60 axle, we've run into trouble. Cannot seem to get the pinion angle correct (currently 23 deg - goal 15 deg). Started at 30" long arm lengths and have had to increase to reduce the pinion angle. The long arms are now maxed at ~32", which is unusual - Evo/ORE says they run all the arms as short as they'll go. Anyone else had trouble getting the rear axle (PR60 or other) to have the correct pinion angle w these long arms?? I am told arm length is identical to the standard bracket kit too...

AdrockTT

That is freaking awesome. Great pics, thanks for sharing.
Did you order those springs in black, or did you paint them yourself?

It sucks that you are having issues. I am sure you can figure it out.

I had them powder coated that color. It's a gunmetal mini-texture w slight iridescence. Going to have a portion of my wheels done to match too. Should look killer!

AdrockTT

Sweet, that's way cool. I hope that powder coat holds up for you.

MY BUILT/REBUILD: http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?44123-Rebuilt-of-a-Billet-Silver-mall-crawler&p=859931#post859931

They come powder coated from King - should be just as durable. You can custom order them in other colors of powder from King - but def more than just coating locally. The logos are all just stickers that can be changed.

BTW - the one thing you might want to address in advance is the tubing and anodized metal components (parts left blue on mine). Those need to be ordered in the correct color in advance! While at it, decide if you want blue or black coil sliders (they offer both, but there's a cost for swapping).

VeruGE*144

Caught the Bug

AdrockTT

I heard it's crazy $$$$ to have them done in different color form King.

I spoke with the VP at King (Mike) - he said they don't really want to do the colors + it costs them more to vary from the usual, so the price is kinda on purpose high :) Just have a local coater do them. Do think about the other components if you plan to special order though - would be easier than swapping later.

AdrockTT

Getting Closer...but more to go

Lining up the rear axle. Will be shaving shock mounts and LCA mounts to stick on the 3 deg high clearance LCA mounts and fabbing shock mounts. Will also be removing and modifying the rear track bar mount and subbing it for the Evo kit.
18049629_10110772542340611_1359680535_o.jpg

While we're chugging along, thought we should pull off these beautiful Dynatrac big brakes and give them some flair.
18049868_10110772522794781_2147342505_o.jpg

Spicy red to jive with the Ghost Pepper! G2 epoxy paint is some tough stuff...
18052014_10110772524147071_938416250_o.jpg

Marking and prepping for the Evo Rock Stops/King Air Bumps. Going to cycle the suspension first and be sure they align with the pad perfectly. Might make custom bump stops as required to max travel.
18043009_10110772536252811_1157998657_o.jpg

tdougherty81

Lining up the rear axle. Will be shaving shock mounts and LCA mounts to stick on the 3 deg high clearance LCA mounts and fabbing shock mounts. Will also be removing and modifying the rear track bar mount and subbing it for the Evo kit.
View attachment 254311

While we're chugging along, thought we should pull off these beautiful Dynatrac big brakes and give them some flair.
View attachment 254312

Spicy red to jive with the Ghost Pepper! G2 epoxy paint is some tough stuff...
View attachment 254313

Marking and prepping for the Evo Rock Stops/King Air Bumps. Going to cycle the suspension first and be sure they align with the pad perfectly. Might make custom bump stops as required to max travel.
View attachment 254314

Damn! Its getting closer and closer.

tdougherty81

Still a testament to my patience...I really can't wait! Any nice weather days w/o it are just hurting my feelings...

I am hoping to have it ready for Go Topless weekend out on Bolivar. Will you be out there?

I may just go out there for a few hours.

Top Bottom