Cherokee & Grand Cherokee Owners

WJCO

Meme King
1999 wj

4 inch lift. 32s. Rock sliders. DIY tire carrier. Roof rack. Grill guard. 8000 lb winch. Some LEDs here and there. Bed liner interior. Farm jack. Air compressor.

4.56 gears soon hopefully and 33s.

longhorn1045

FullSizeRender.jpg Bought this for my wife a year ago she wants to level it. I found a leveling kit made by rocky ridge was wondering if anyone has installed on their Grand cherokee. I have heard the others like Tuff country suck and make the ride rough as shit because you have to take strutt apart to install and, the rocky ridge just goes between strutt and tower mount.

jamesrw30

Not sure that I have posted in here but just going to go ahead and do so. 2004 3 inch IRO lift and 31 inch Hankook Dynapro ATM.

jamesrw30

Just Empty Every Pocket haha. Didn't you add a light bar recently also? I would love to see close ups of how you mounted it. I don't care for the mounts I find that you drill into the Jeep.

WJCO

Meme King
Just Empty Every Pocket haha. Didn't you add a light bar recently also? I would love to see close ups of how you mounted it. I don't care for the mounts I find that you drill into the Jeep.

I'll post some pics here, but they are not cosmetically appealing at all. But they're solid and not going anywhere. Basically I used a thin piece of steel from the hardware store and used the existing bolt hole (bought longer bolts) in the roof rack to mount it. The bracket allowed me to move the bar out further(wider) than the roof rack as those dimensions were needed. I didn't even have to cut the steel, I found the size I needed in gate hardware aisle at Ace. I used locktite on everything. Kevin's Offroad makes a light bar mount for WJ roof racks, but it's more for individual lights, not a one-piece light bar.

jamesrw30

I saw the pictures in your build thread and They look good to me. Whenever you get the chance I would appreciate the pictures. Something I want to do eventually. Looks like a better solution the most I have seen. It looks good on there by the way.

WJCO

Meme King
Here you go. Thanks for the feedback. So I just hit these brackets with a little Rustoleum Bed Liner to add some texture. The bracket bent a little bit as I tightened the bar down, but it's not going anywhere. To do this better, use thicker steel. As long as you have the bracket resting all the way across the roof rack, it tightens down nicely using the original bolt hole. I just took the bolt down to the hardware store and matched it up and got one a little longer.

DSC02347.jpg DSC02350.jpg

jamesrw30

Nice. Is the end that the light bar bracket is bolted to just flat as well or does the piece 90? Looking at it I assume it is just a flat piece.

jamesrw30

Sweet. I really appreciate that. I will keep that in mind whenever I get ready to do this. Roof rack is on my list as well. My list is about as long as I am tall haha. Never ending.

Top Bottom