JCR Crusader rock sliders

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Hey, guys. If I can jump in, so for the evo supporters on the board, is this to say Evo never has any problems?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using WAYALIFE mobile app

This isn't an "EVO supporter" thing or at least, not for me anyway. There are a LOT of manufacturers above and beyond EVO that make bumpers and armor that don't taco the way JCR does.

Watch WAYALIFE YouTube Videos
WAYALIFE Jeeps & Specs

GregMort13

Caught the Bug
Hey, guys. If I can jump in, so for the evo supporters on the board, is this to say Evo never has any problems?

This isn't an "EVO supporter" thing or at least, not for me anyway. There are a LOT of manufacturers above and beyond EVO that make bumpers and armor that don't taco the way JCR does.

Watch WAYALIFE YouTube Videos
WAYALIFE Jeeps & Specs

I agree. We often get deemed "evo fanboys", but in reality, their products are tried and true. Like any other companies, they have their problems, but in my opinion, the goods majorly out do the bads. For example, evos powdercoat isnt the greatest.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

OJK12

I've helped install JCR, bumpers, Fender liners, and a couple of skids and every single thing I've personally seen is garbage! Nothing fits for shit, and although the bumpers bolted on well the bumper itself would never handle any kind of real hit. I've seen enough of their products in person to never want to own anything they build. Here's a couple shots of us trying to fit a set of their fender liners that supposedly bolt right in. IMG_0208.JPG IMG_0209.JPG

I agree. We often get deemed "evo fanboys", but in reality, their products are tried and true. Like any other companies, they have their problems, but in my opinion, the goods majorly out do the bads. For example, evos powdercoat isnt the greatest.

Agreed on the powder coat. My 1/4 pounder wasn't exactly packaged great either, so a couple edges got nicked good and the paint chipped. Some Rustoluem fixed those fine.

I have the new style crusader sliders that bolt onto the frame and in between the body mounts. I really do like them, especially with the built in lights. I have heard horror stories about some of their products though, I haven't really tested mine yet so we'll see how they work...

IMG_1400.jpg
IMG_1418.jpg

Last edited:

White Russian

I have Poison Spider Brawlers there not to bad, I like the way others look over the way mine look but all in all I haven't had any problems with them not holding up.

Take a look at VKS Fab rock sliders, I've heard good things about them and i plan on getting a pair for my JKUR. they offer both a weld on or bolt on solution which is pretty nice if you dont wanna weld and don't plan on putting the entire weight of your jeep on then to pivot on a rock.

scrota76

OR-FAB is what I run. I'm happy with them. They bolt onto the frame. I weigh about 270 and use them as a step on occasion. My only complaint is that they are slick when wet. I thought about putting some grip tape on them, but the jerk part of me sometimes enjoys watching my wife slip. 20170220_104142.jpg 20140410_183208.jpeg I can get better pics of them if you are interested.
Also, my wife has Shrockworks sliders on her 4runner, and they are very nice and great quality. If I had to do it all over again I would have gone with them. They say wait time is 6 to 8 weeks, but she got hers in two weeks.

Sent from my SM-G935V using WAYALIFE mobile app

Last edited:

WJCO

Meme King
Take a look at VKS Fab rock sliders, I've heard good things about them and i plan on getting a pair for my JKUR. they offer both a weld on or bolt on solution which is pretty nice if you dont wanna weld and don't plan on putting the entire weight of your jeep on then to pivot on a rock.

VKS was the one that copied EVO's design.

GregMort13

Caught the Bug

VKS is one company ill never buy from, they blatantly copied their slider design off of evo, then tried to "one up" them by saying you can bolt them on.. its possible to bolt the evos on too but evo highly reccommends welding them on, as they should be.

OR-FAB is what I run. I'm happy with them. They bolt onto the frame. I weigh about 270 and use them as a step on occasion. My only complaint is that they are slick when wet. I thought about putting some grip tape on them, but the jerk part of me sometimes enjoys watching my wife slip. View attachment 245498 View attachment 245499 I can get better pics of them if you are interested.
Also, my wife has Shrockworks sliders on her 4runner, and they are very nice and great quality. If I had to do it all over again I would have gone with them. They say wait time is 6 to 8 weeks, but she got hers in two weeks.

Sent from my SM-G935V using WAYALIFE mobile app

I literally Lol'd at the statement about the jerk part of you laughing at your wife. Glad im not the only one that gets that feeling sometimes

VKS was the one that copied EVO's design.

Not only did they copy evo's slider design, their bumpers are damn near exact to poison spyder. I truely believe VKS was built off of copying a few different companies products. Goes to say what was already stated in that one spod thread, ill put out a couple more dollars for a company that shows honesty and integrity.

Top Bottom