The silver grocery getter

437honda

I bought my 2014 jku about three years ago now. I had a trip to go on about 3 weeks after I bought it so I quickly threw a 2.5 bb and some 35"s on it. I later added a front stubby bumper (that is still waiting on a winch), a rear bumper, cb, cat back exhaust, rock sliders, tailgate table, wheel spacers, a pillar led's, cut my fenders, fox 2.0 shocks and fox steering stabilizer. As of now the parts I have sitting in my garage and on order are evo c gussets, evo front control arm skids, 4" plush evo coils, rock krawler front lower control arms, rock krawler track bar, extended brake lines, exhaust spacer, and rock krawler front and rear sway bar links. The items on my immediate list are front drive shaft, gears, winch, and rear locker. This is my first 4x4/crawler build but I built a long travel Silverado prerunner about 8 years ago so I have some experience in off-road builds. I should have a lot to come in the next few weeks as parts show up.
An older picture of the jeep. IMG_0654.jpg
How it sits now.
IMG_1904.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

437honda

Almost all my parts came in yesterday. I'm only waiting on brake lines as of now. IMG_1992.jpg
The new rock krawler track bar is way beefier than stock. I ended up throwing it on last night. Went on easy all I had to do was adjust my steering wheel and everything seems good. IMG_1990.jpg
I also took the opportunity to put my steering stabilizer relocation bracket on. I'm considering going with no stabilizer for a bit though to see how I like it. IMG_1991.JPG

437honda

I spent most of the day working on the jeep today. I installed the front and rear coils, rear sway bar links, front lower control arms and checked all the factory nuts and bolts on most other suspension parts. I still need to install front sway bar links, exhaust spacer, and center my steering wheel and I should be done for now with the parts I have, still waiting on brake lines to show up.
OEM vs Rock Krawler control arms
IMG_1995.jpg
4" plush ride evo coils front
IMG_1996.jpg
Rear
IMG_1999.jpg
Rear Rock Krawler sway bar links
IMG_1998.jpg
I had to get a little crafty to get the upper bolt on the passenger side control arm in.
IMG_2001.jpg
"Finished" product I'll get some better pictures tomorrow hopefully
IMG_2004.jpg
Overall I'm sitting 3" higher now on the coils than from my budget boost. My only problem is I'm now going to be needing 37's haha.

Last edited:

Coop

Caught the Bug
Looks good! Eddies description of how to jack the axle is right on when you try to position the lower control arm. Glad you gotter done!

437honda

Well today was kinda shitty. I tried to throw my exhaust spacer on after work, and snapped the first bolt on the exhaust flange I tried to loosen. I decided to do a small shake down drive to get a burrito since I wasnt planning on flexing and hitting my drive shaft. Everything seemed to be going fine and then the dreaded dw struck! I'm pretty bummed I don't know why I would be getting dw I've never had it before. I was doing about 40-45 mph and hit a small pot hole. I purposely hit a few bumps to make sure I didn't for some odd reason get dw. I checked all jam nuts as well as bolts when I got home and didn't find anything loose. It is dark out though so I'm gonna go over it once again tomorrow. I installed 4" plush rides, front track bar, front lower control arms, front and rear sway bar links. I centered my wheel before driving. I used all provided measurements for track bar and control arms. Does anything stand out to any one as why I would all of the sudden be getting dw, or any suggestions on other things to check?

GregMort13

Caught the Bug
Well today was kinda shitty. I tried to throw my exhaust spacer on after work, and snapped the first bolt on the exhaust flange I tried to loosen. I decided to do a small shake down drive to get a burrito since I wasnt planning on flexing and hitting my drive shaft. Everything seemed to be going fine and then the dreaded dw struck! I'm pretty bummed I don't know why I would be getting dw I've never had it before. I was doing about 40-45 mph and hit a small pot hole. I purposely hit a few bumps to make sure I didn't for some odd reason get dw. I checked all jam nuts as well as bolts when I got home and didn't find anything loose. It is dark out though so I'm gonna go over it once again tomorrow. I installed 4" plush rides, front track bar, front lower control arms, front and rear sway bar links. I centered my wheel before driving. I used all provided measurements for track bar and control arms. Does anything stand out to any one as why I would all of the sudden be getting dw, or any suggestions on other things to check?

I would start off at the track bar. Make sure its torqued

437honda

Ok I've taken a few deep breaths and settled down a little. I'm currently reading the death wobble write up and it's relieving a lot of anxiety haha. I'm going to start with checking all of my alignment specs tomorrow.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Being that you just installed a new front track bar, I too would recommend that you start there. Make sure the bolts are tightened to 125 ft. lbs. of torque.

437honda

I bought a new torque wrench last night on my way home from work and checked all suspension components, even ones I didn't touch. I went for a drive after and hit any bump I saw. I didn't seem to have any issues so I'm 99% sure my track bar wasn't tight enough on the first go around.

437honda

Plush ride owners... did it take a while for your springs to break in and soften up or were they very plush right away? So far my springs are not as plush as I was imagining, I'm assuming they will most likely take a few miles to break in? They're not any rougher than my stocks with spacers so I won't be too disappointed if they don't soften up much more but it would be nice if they do.

BigBoy

Plush ride owners... did it take a while for your springs to break in and soften up or were they very plush right away? So far my springs are not as plush as I was imagining, I'm assuming they will most likely take a few miles to break in? They're not any rougher than my stocks with spacers so I won't be too disappointed if they don't soften up much more but it would be nice if they do.

I'm no expert but your shocks could be part of that. I just installed an EVO leveling kit with Rancho 9000's and the difference from stock was very noticeable and right away.

Angry Aussie

I felt like mine took a little while to soften up, but it didn't take too long. Give it some time and when in doubt ride in someone else's lifted rig with non plush ride springs and you will notice the difference.

Top Bottom