My Dynomax Quiet Crawler Modified Install

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi
I did the same thing right after Eddie installed his kit on Rubicat, not sure if he had a write up, but he had the part numbers. I ordered the can and resonator (bullet) from amazon and had a muffler shop hack up the magnaflow kit to put these cans in, mine was welded together. After I had everything installed I pondered if just installing this resonator (or the stock resonator) before the magnaflow can would have eliminated the drone that drove me crazy.

I have zero drone with this setup. I had a Gibson axle back on my 07 and that fugging thing had drone!

I had the Dynomax Rockcrawler setup on my 2 door, and with the 3.6L, it was loud and droned like crazy. I hear it sounds nice, on the 3.8, but the 3.6 is a different animal. I'm about to start piecing together this kit, because this stock setup on this JKU is just too quiet. Thanks for the write up! I'll be following this.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

aermotor

This setup definitely does not drone at all on the highway. I had a Gibson axle back on my 3.8 and that thing was disgusting. You haven't known drone until you've lived with that thing for so long.

JES

I appreciate this thread. I had a magnaflow crawler exhaust and wasn't very happy with the setup. It had a drone when at highway speeds. I did like the clearance the exhaust system provided. I was able to replace the muffler with the dynomax quietcrawler parts (muffler and bullet) and married it up to the magnaflow tailpipe. I'm loving the results. Thanks for the part numbers.

Sent from my SM-G920P using WAYALIFE mobile app

Last edited:

thombull

Will this work with the 3.8? I have the Dynomax Rock Crawler system that dumps out before the rear axle already but it's the round polished stainless steel muffler and it hangs down below the frame. I'm just waiting for it to get smashed on a rock. Plus I'm tired of not being able to have a conversation with anyone while driving down the freeway.

Sent from my QMV7A using WAYALIFE mobile app

deezus

Will this work with the 3.8? I have the Dynomax Rock Crawler system that dumps out before the rear axle already but it's the round polished stainless steel muffler and it hangs down below the frame. I'm just waiting for it to get smashed on a rock. Plus I'm tired of not being able to have a conversation with anyone while driving down the freeway.

I think so as Eddie did a white up on it and I believe he has a 3.8.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using WAYALIFE mobile app

bbjeep91

Do they make a tailpipe for it that dumps behind the rear axle? Not a huge fan of it dumping in front especially with potential for fumes and my kids in the back seat

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi

PM Dynomax. I would imagine you could order the Race Bullet from this system and find a place to fit it. It should act like a resonator, and quiet it down.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

AdrockTT

Are the pics of the system and parts (on page 1) not working for anyone else? Can someone repost? Thanks!

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Ordered up the parts from Summit. Amazon started charging sales tax, so I got the best price, at Summit. I'm going to dump before the axle.

Totally sucks that Amazon is now having to charge sales tax. That being said, I buy a lot of my parts through Summit as well but mainly because we have one of their warehouses in the area and they're open 7 days a week and until 9pm and they typically have what I want in stock!

NevadaZielmeister

Caught the Bug
I found a thread here about a month ago with the QuietCrawler Exhaust after being quite disappointed with the Magaflow Off Road Pro that I bought for my 2012 4 door. Since the kit is out of stock I messaged Dynomax and they gave me a sheet with possible parts to order to piece together my own kit, and that's what I did. I ordered everything form Summit and had the stuff next day.

1x 52561 (Pipe)
1x 17283 (Muffler)
1x 24246 (Bullet)
4x 36434 (Clamp)
2x 35337 (HD Clamp)
1x Magflow Turn Down (Unknown Part Number)

You will also need 2x 5" piece of 2.5" OD exhaust pipe. I bought an 18" piece from Autozone and chopped it down.

assembly.png

Sir, thank you for the write up. I just ordered everything from Summit just now. I really appreciate the diagram as well as all of the part numbers. Let's hope my install goes smoothly.. but hell, who am I kidding, right?

scull20

Sir, thank you for the write up. I just ordered everything from Summit just now. I really appreciate the diagram as well as all of the part numbers. Let's hope my install goes smoothly.. but hell, who am I kidding, right?

Did you order that magnaflow turndown or go a different route?

Top Bottom