Dual battery setup

VeruGE*144

Caught the Bug
Does anyone here run a dual battery setup?
I am looking at genesis off-road in particular, it seems really nice.
I fried my battery once while on the trail with my dad. I was the only person in the off-road park and it was not fun to find a battery.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

I really like that Genesis set up. Perfect to run a separate battery to all your accessories. It also has a jumpstart function as well. Totally worth the money in my opinion.

VeruGE*144

Caught the Bug
I've been looking at it for few months now, I does have all the bells and whistles. The kit plus, batteries will run over $1K. The Things we do for our JEEP

VeruGE*144

Caught the Bug
Any recommendation on batteries?
I've read that optima and odyssey are not what they used to be.
I was thinking of going with Die Hard batteries from sears, people claim they are good and cost reasonable.

I was thinking of going with Die Hard batteries from sears, people claim they are good and cost reasonable.

I have an optima yellow top and it's been working fine so far. But yes, apparently they're not what they used to be. The Interstate deep cycle costco batteries get good reviews on here. I may get one of those the next time I need one.

AdrockTT

Optima def isn't what it used to be, but I've heard Odyssey still GTG. I am interested in that Genesis setup too but just bought a new battery...guess when this one fries I'll move to the doubles.

Blackhawkip

I also looked at the Genesis system. I decided against it since I wanted to have my 2nd battery or "house" battery in the rear of the Jeep where my most of my additional electrical components would be located. My winch and front sPod runs off of the primary battery (Odyssey). The rest of the electrical runs through the rear Odyssey battery. Everything is controlled or switched through the BlueSea 7622 ACR. I spent a lot of time researching marine applications and 90% of my electrical components are marine grade. I also run a solar charging system. I've had my Jeep sit for over two weeks with the fridge running and the 90 watt GoalZero solar panel kept the house battery charged and fridge running without issue. That was the goal I wanted when I started. To be able to go camping/hunting and have a completely "off-grid" system the was self-sustaining. UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_461c.jpg UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_461d.jpg IMG_3854.jpeg UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_461a.jpg Jeep Wiring Diagram.jpeg

Last edited:

g00se04

I also looked at the Genesis system. I decided against it since I wanted to have my 2nd battery or "house" battery in the rear of the Jeep where my most of my additional electrical components would be located. My winch and front sPod runs off of the primary battery (Odyssey). The rest of the electrical runs through the rear Odyssey battery. Everything is controlled or switched through the BlueSea 7622 ACR. I spent a lot of time researching marine applications and 90% of my electrical components are marine grade. I also run a solar charging system. I've had my Jeep sit for over two weeks with the fridge running and the 90 watt GoalZero solar panel kept the house battery charged and fridge running without issue. That was the goal I wanted when I started. To be able to go camping/hunting and have a completely "off-grid" system the was self-supportive.

Is that the front runner rear cargo slide?

VeruGE*144

Caught the Bug
I fried mine last June. Ended up getting one for $50 from a shop that runs the junkyard close to the off-road park I was at. Ive been running it since lol.... not sure how much longer I can get out of it. I think that my amplifier (nothing crazy just 5ch500w) is a battery killer in my case. I will be ordering my setup soon.

VeruGE*144

Caught the Bug
I also looked at the Genesis system. I decided against it since I wanted to have my 2nd battery or "house" battery in the rear of the Jeep where my most of my additional electrical components would be located. My winch and front sPod runs off of the primary battery (Odyssey). The rest of the electrical runs through the rear Odyssey battery. Everything is controlled or switched through the BlueSea 7622 ACR. I spent a lot of time researching marine applications and 90% of my electrical components are marine grade. I also run a solar charging system. I've had my Jeep sit for over two weeks with the fridge running and the 90 watt GoalZero solar panel kept the house battery charged and fridge running without issue. That was the goal I wanted when I started. To be able to go camping/hunting and have a completely "off-grid" system the was self-supportive. View attachment 245387 View attachment 245388 View attachment 245389 View attachment 245390 View attachment 245391

Very clean install, looks like took a lot of thought went into this..... Great job [emoji122] !!!!!!

Blackhawkip

Very clean install, looks like took a lot of thought went into this..... Great job [emoji122] !!!!!!

Damn that's another level. Great job

Thanks! It does work well and is completely no-maintenance. I stole a lot of ideas from different folks from different forums so def want to give credit to the wealth of knowledge out there. With both a front sPod and rear switch it makes adding additional loads super easy. Everything is also fused based on amperage draw so I don't end up with burned out Jeep somewhere. Some great YouTube videos of some of those:(

jorgelrod

Hooked

I ran Optima Yellow Tops, but they are not what they used to. Now running The X2 sli34agmdp made in USA and with a 5 year warranty...

TheGrendel

What about the Diehard Platinum batteries? Are they still good? I have one in my JK, and it has been fantastic.

Basscat

Try looking into Northstar. It's the X2 battery at batteries plus. 99% virgin lead. Designed by the lead engineer who quit Odyssey and started Northstar. I've been through lots of batteries in my bass boat when I tournament fished including, Sears Platinum, Odyssey and Optima. It's a good battery that takes a beating, has excellent reserve capacity and can handle many cycles.

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

Judesign

Caught the Bug
At one time they were basically a Rebranded Odyssey, now I don't know...

Yeah they stopped making the diehard platinum series. It was a rebranded odyssey but I liked that if you had a problem you could easily find a sears. The odyssey is great though.

2011jk

I've been running the Good Samaritan Dual Battery System for 20 years has never caused any issues.
Used to buy them direct now Painless sells them.

Running Hawkers with one in the rear.

Everything tied together with 2awg welding wire.

Attachments

• IMG_1846.jpg
    IMG_1846.jpg
    100.8 KB · Views: 224
Top Bottom