What next for Scout?

GraniteCrystal

So far it's
ARB Compressor: 10 points
ProGrips: 5 points

Surprised the headlights don't have more love considering how many guys upgrade theirs, sometimes the first thing they do after buying the Jeep, and how much more often the headlights would be used than a compressor. Compressor is new functionality though while headlights would just be an upgrade.

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi
So far it's

Surprised the headlights don't have more love considering how many guys upgrade theirs, sometimes the first thing they do after buying the Jeep, and how much more often the headlights would be used than a compressor. Compressor is new functionality though while headlights would just be an upgrade.

I vote compressor, for those huge tires. My second choice would be headlights. I can't stand the stock headlights.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

HoosierWolf

I vote headlights - Stock headlights are so fracking awful.

If you have amazing night vision though (I do not), I think I'd go with the big brake kit.

benatc1

Hooked
For all those who keep saying you can't stop without progrips, I'm curious is it really that bad with 37s or is it just nicer to be able to stop more like stock? While 37s are in my near future and and progrips are going in down the road I can't help but wonder what people did on 37s before pro grips became a thing if it is really that bad- everyone seems to act like its completely unsafe to drive a jeep on 37s without progrips- maybe I should move my plans up?? Just a thought I had reading through this

GraniteCrystal

For all those who keep saying you can't stop without progrips, I'm curious is it really that bad with 37s or is it just nicer to be able to stop more like stock? While 37s are in my near future and and progrips are going in down the road I can't help but wonder what people did on 37s before pro grips became a thing if it is really that bad- everyone seems to act like its completely unsafe to drive a jeep on 37s without progrips- maybe I should move my plans up?? Just a thought I had reading through this

I've wondered this same thing...

Amrth

I still have stocks on my 37's and I haven't felt unsafe while driving. There were a couple of time where I has to brake hard, and mine did stop at that moment. Having said that I have not driven a jeep that has pro grips, so until I get to feel that first handed, I's still keep serving my brakes as usual and use it effectively.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
So far it's

Honestly I don't know why so many people are saying compressor. Is it nice to have? Hell yea but not needed right now.

I seriously would look at the pro grips or headlights first. I'm not sure how I went so long with shitty braking before I had these things! Especially for you now with having 37's you should look at them first.

Also the headlights will just help you see better at night.

benatc1

Hooked
I've wondered this same thing...

I still have stocks on my 37's and I haven't felt unsafe while driving. There were a couple of time where I has to brake hard, and mine did stop at that moment. Having said that I have not driven a jeep that has pro grips, so until I get to feel that first handed, I's still keep serving my brakes as usual and use it effectively.

I'm not saying that pro-grips aren't nice to have and an outstanding product I'm sure. I will be installing them when I NEED to do my brakes but I'm just curious if it's really unsafe without them or if it's just an awesome upgrade- like anything else we put on our jeep's.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door

I was having a tough time just stoping on 35's. when I put the pro grips on I could lock them up. Even now with 37's I feel like I can lock them up.

benatc1

Hooked
I was having a tough time just stoping on 35's. when I put the pro grips on I could lock them up. Even now with 37's I feel like I can lock them up.

Thanks for the reply, that's a good personal experience.I have what I would say is a middle of the road weight 4 door and have no issues stopping with 35s, granted the jeep only has 8k miles on it, but I'm glad they do such a good job stopping and that's why I will be getting them, I'm just curious if It is truly a safety issue as some people seem to be telling Scott or just a nice upgrade, I have no issue if it is or isn't and not having drove a jeep on 37s or with pro grips I do not know from experience, just curious.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Thanks for the reply, that's a good personal experience.I have what I would say is a middle of the road weight 4 door and have no issues stopping with 35s, granted the jeep only has 8k miles on it, but I'm glad they do such a good job stopping and that's why I will be getting them, I'm just curious if It is truly a safety issue as some people seem to be telling Scott or just a nice upgrade, I have no issue if it is or isn't and not having drove a jeep on 37s or with pro grips I do not know from experience, just curious.

If you upgrade even now you would notice a huge difference and wonder why you thought the stock brakes were good. Seriously they make that big of a difference

BananaJeep

Caught the Bug
I vote cage, or air compressor.

The cage because, well... it's a cage. I love mine and feel if I tipped my Jeep on the side or even completely rolled it, I would be safe. That being said... having on-board air is AWESOME. No more waiting in line to use the air compressor at the gas station after a day on the trails. I think whatever you do, you will be happy with. You'll more than likely end up with everything on that list eventually, anyway :crazyeyes:

wjtstudios

Hooked
I've been running the progrips for 6 months and love them. I had been running stock brakes with 35s for 20k and it stopped fine, but there is a significant difference with the progrips. The other big reason to upgrade is wear on the brakes. I had blown through the stock brake pads in 20k. They were not designed to slow down or stop these large tires. From a safety point of view, I would agree, progrips first.

Top Bottom