What next for Scout?

GraniteCrystal

Looks like we'll have a bit more money available for mods this year and want to get everything on before summer and the wheeling season here in Colorado. Here are the possible things we've considered doing next. Would love some advice/opinions:

1) Headlights (JW Speaker or Trucklites but not looking for opinions on which one) - 2 points
2) Rockhard Sport Cage - 1 point
3) Dynatrac ProGrip brakes (I'll be on 37s, but not beadlocks so slightly less weight) - 5 points
4) Trail rack and Rotopax mount for new LoD Destroyer bumper - 0 points
5) ARB Dual Compressor - 10 points

All are $1000 or less. Open to any other obvious ones I'm missing. If you really want to read through the build thread before offering opinion, here you go:
http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?32769-GraniteCrystal-build-thread

Last edited:

benatc1

Hooked
Hmm all good things to have, I think the compressor will serve you the best every time you go out. I think everything else is a want that might not be needed to fill right away, but all will be nice to have, I'll be looking into progrips after I go 37s but likely won't upgrade until my brakes are worn out, unless you feel that you'll need the extra room and fuel I bet the trail rack can wait a bit. Cage is nice but not necessary right away unless you plan on wheeling real hard- I do love mine but I survived the rubicon without one. And the headlights are an amazing upgrade but they aren't necessary as you already have headlights. Anything you get tho will be a nice upgrade for Scout!

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Pro grips or sport cage in my opinion. A close third behind those would be the truck lites

BlackDiamond_JKU

I vote the ARB, then headlights (if you drive a lot at night) then brakes, cage, and lastly the LOD stuff...
I have the ARB twin, it's awesome having onboard air, no waiting in lines for air at Offroad parks.
Downside is, all those folks that spent money on a light bar, instead of air, always want to use your shit at the end of the day.
The headlights are great too, I've got the trucklites, they have a weird pattern in the middle, but I don't even notice anymore.
I'm currently on stock brakes with 37's and have no issues. But... it's not like I'm not looking forward to the big brakes coming on my 60's...

Speedy_RCW

Hooked
I just installed the ProGrips this weekend and they are awesome. My Jeep stops so much better and flatter now. I run a CO2 tank for air as opposed to the compressor but that twin is a nice unit but i vote brakes first.

jeeeep

Hooked
if you're going to be running 37's all the other options won't do you any good if you can't stop.

ProGrips #1

Top Bottom