Hub assembly

Dopey84

So my driver side hub assembly has a bit of play in it and needs replaced... I'm looking for suggestions on what to use as a replacement my wheel speed sensor is still good so I'm looking to use it with the new hub assembly ready and let's hear what you got

Dopey

jeeeep

Hooked
So my driver side hub assembly has a bit of play in it and needs replaced... I'm looking for suggestions on what to use as a replacement my wheel speed sensor is still good so I'm looking to use it with the new hub assembly ready and let's hear what you got

Dopey

fronts? they all come as a single assembly with new abs lines, sometimes you can reuse the same line depending on which is longer but it's not that big a deal to swap them out if needed - or keep them as a spare

i like O'Reilly brand Precision Hubs, 3 yrs replacement warranty no questions

Dopey84

fronts? they all come as a single assembly with new abs lines, sometimes you can reuse the same line depending on which is longer but it's not that big a deal to swap them out if needed - or keep them as a spare

i like O'Reilly brand Precision Hubs, 3 yrs replacement warranty no questions

Sorry yes front driver side

Dopey

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Actually it's not what I seek... although it makes it easier than searching for the write up again.. I'm looking for specific hub assembly's people have swapped out to aside from the timkin Eddie uses.. just looking at options

Dopey

You can just google JK unit bearings and it should pull up many options.

I personally use Timkin like eddie does cause they make some of the best bearings on the market. They are also some of the cheapest assembly's I have found on my searches thru rockauto and other parts suppliers.

aermotor

Actually it's not what I seek... although it makes it easier than searching for the write up again.. I'm looking for specific hub assembly's people have swapped out to aside from the timkin Eddie uses.. just looking at options

Dopey

In your original post you didn't say you were looking for alternatives to Timken, so that's why I linked it figuring you hadn't seen them. Good times.

I used the Timkens with good results.

jeeeep

Hooked
I have timkins on now, ordered them on the road since that's what I could get on Amazon at the time and would ship to my hotel next day.

when I got home I took the O'Reilly Precision hubs back to O'Reilly and they were ready to refund my full purchase price (they were almost at the 3 year warranty expiration) I opted to get new hubs.

Timkin kept giving ABS errors off and on. I did not use the Timkin ABS cables since they were shorter than the extended cables I have installed and the cables work fine with the Precision Hubs.

Timkin have a 1yr warranty - Precision 3yr

I'll eventually have enough spare parts to build another Jeep :doh:

Dopey84

In your original post you didn't say you were looking for alternatives to Timken, so that's why I linked it figuring you hadn't seen them. Good times.

I used the Timkens with good results.

Well thank you I'll look into the timkens as it was probably what I was gonna use.. was just trying to get other suggestions/options... wasn't meaning to be rude by my comment as I just re read it and realized I sounded like an ass my apologies

Dopey

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
I have timkins on now, ordered them on the road since that's what I could get on Amazon at the time and would ship to my hotel next day.

when I got home I took the O'Reilly Precision hubs back to O'Reilly and they were ready to refund my full purchase price (they were almost at the 3 year warranty expiration) I opted to get new hubs.

Timkin kept giving ABS errors off and on. I did not use the Timkin ABS cables since they were shorter than the extended cables I have installed and the cables work fine with the Precision Hubs.

Timkin have a 1yr warranty - Precision 3yr

I'll eventually have enough spare parts to build another Jeep :doh:

Yes the timkin speed sensor wires are shorter but they are plenty long. They don't get in the way of my coilovers fully drooping

aermotor

Well thank you I'll look into the timkens as it was probably what I was gonna use.. was just trying to get other suggestions/options... wasn't meaning to be rude by my comment as I just re read it and realized I sounded like an ass my apologies

Dopey

No worries

JRUnlimited

I replaced mine with Moog brand hubs and they have worked well for the last 2 years. I can't say they're any better than the Timken hubs and there is no particular reason why I chose those over other brands other than the price was right.

Top Bottom