Opinions on when to let a 16 year old go off-roading

2Cross

Caught the Bug
So much of what everyone said is so true.
Thanks for chiming in.

So... he went out.
No mechanical issues and no mishaps.

However he changed his plans and went to a different location so he would have been screwed if he had a issue and I would have had needed to rescue him.
He came back with this photo
D1B58315-5DAC-4FB5-A561-FF7DB6720810.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

xxJWPxx

Thanks for chiming in.

So... he went out.

However he changed his plans and went to a different location so he would have been screwed if he had a issue and I would have had needed to rescue him.
View attachment 245609

Nice pic! Looks like they had fun.

I used to wheel the heck out of my first car, which was an 84 Chevy Blazer. My dad was ok with it as long as "we kept the dumb shit to a minimum."

Coop

Caught the Bug
Thanks for chiming in.

So... he went out.

View attachment 245609

Congrats! Watching and reading this thread brings back memories! Being a dad is tough; being a dad and a teacher and an enforcer is more than tough!

2Cross

Caught the Bug
Congrats! Watching and reading this thread brings back memories! Being a dad is tough; being a dad and a teacher and an enforcer is more than tough!

It does bring back memories. I went out with my friends at that age and got in trouble. My dad seemed much more level than me but maybe that's just what it seemed.

Nice pic! Looks like they had fun.

I used to wheel the heck out of my first car, which was an 84 Chevy Blazer. My dad was ok with it as long as "we kept the dumb shit to a minimum."

Awesome.

Secondary to that, "hold my beer! Watch this!"

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using WAYALIFE mobile app

Ha
Hopefully no beer was consumed.
He was gone for 7 hours ....

2Cross

Caught the Bug
Update on the trip.
So this morning I'm told by my son he turned around and left early the other night because his brakes didn't seem right.

I go check it out and saw this
IMG_5351.jpg
Brake line broken.
He must have bottomed out so hard that it broke the brake line. Have to admit the repair has to be done better than it is. But don't know where to go with it other than replacing it for now.

IMG_5352.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom