ORE Suspension pictures

RSQCON

Because I know there is a difference in how far outboard the coil overs are located, as well as the vertical angle of the coilover an many other things I'd like to take into consideration when making a decision on how I'm going to spend my hard earned money.

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
Well the bolt on coilover kit mounts nothing like DTD does, Evo used to have a weld in tower but no longer unless maybe its still a in house option or something. Another option would be you could get the DTD brackets, and add in the bypass shocks at a later time if you are going to have EVO do all the work anyway. Honestly if you have the funds and are local to them, I would just trust what they offer and go with that. They would know best what you would need but it seems like you want a suspension that isnt for what you are planning to do.

CD7BA71B-8A36-4EF6-A643-76AAF146DE26-12168-0000076C13951020_tmp.jpg

Last edited:

RSQCON

They are not close to me and while their hourly shop rate seems a little high everyone I've talked to both on and off the forum raves about their customer service so I'd have no problem driving my Jeep out to them.

Well it looks like their rear Evo lever is no longer in play. I really liked the idea of this kit as they are known to provide more clearance and travel but unfortunately it's appears that it won't be compatible with my rear Savvy bumper that replaces the factory rear crossmember. At this point unless the front DTD provides significantly more travel than the bolt on kit the decision might be made for me.

IMG_0117.jpg

jesse3638

Hooked
They are not close to me and while their hourly shop rate seems a little high everyone I've talked to both on and off the forum raves about their customer service so I'd have no problem driving my Jeep out to them.

Well it looks like their rear Evo lever is no longer in play. I really liked the idea of this kit as they are known to provide more clearance and travel but unfortunately it's appears that it won't be compatible with my rear Savvy bumper that replaces the factory rear crossmember. At this point unless the front DTD provides significantly more travel than the bolt on kit the decision might be made for me.

Honestly that seems like a no brainer. Ditch the bumper and get the rear DTD EVO lever to match the front DTD if that what you plan on going with. I'd choose function over form and would rather have suspension over a bumper. No reason to have your Jeep looking like a tai lady boy.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
No reason to have your Jeep looking like a tai lady boy.

:eek: :cheesy: :cheesy: Now that is some funny shit right there!! :clap2:

Honestly that seems like a no brainer. Ditch the bumper and get the rear DTD EVO lever to match the front DTD if that what you plan on going with. I'd choose function over form and would rather have suspension over a bumper.

The whole chop off the rear cross member, a structural boxed in part of the frame designed to be towed off of and replace it with a useless c-channel steel bumper is just silly to me. This goes for the ones that EVO, Poison Spyder, Crawler Concepts and the like all make. Like you, I'd rather have FUNCTION over useless looks any day of the week. But hey, I'm just a mall crawler so what would I know.

RSQCON

I would rather have function or form and that is a consideration. One of the main concepts I am going for with this Jeep is a 'clean' looking build and while the word may hold a different meaning to others the Evo rear facia with D rings is not for my Jeep. The Savvy crossmember is more than just a C channel and they have provisions to remount the factory hitch which I plan on doing AND most important it will be capable of towing unlike 99% of the other bumper options on the market. Either way I am not committed and will weigh my options.

But hey, I'm just a mall crawler so what would I know.
Eddie we all know your experience but comments like these do nothing to further your cause. I have nothing against you and I appreciate the service you provide...I'll leave it at that.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
The Savvy crossmember is more than just a C channel and they have provisions to remount the factory hitch which I plan on doing AND most important it will be capable of towing unlike 99% of the other bumper options on the market.

:cheesy: Yeah, I've read the description on their website too. The Savvy rear bumper REQUIRES you to cut off a boxed in, STRUCTURAL cross member from your Jeep's frame and have you replace it with their cross member that BOLTS in to your frame rails. It is funny how they acknowledge it'll help prevent frame distortion but make ZERO reference to towing capacity. I wonder why that is. :hmm:

Even if you welded it in, I still wouldn't trust it to tow from but then, that's just me.

Eddie we all know your experience but comments like these do nothing to further your cause. I have nothing against you and I appreciate the service you provide...I'll leave it at that.

LOL!! If you knew me as well as you say, you'd know the above is something I always say and not necessarily intended to get under your skin. In spite of what you seem to think, I am trying to help here.

JAGS

Hooked
No I am not made of money and yes there is a considerable price difference. What I meant by that is I don't want to purchase a coil spring kit only to later upgrade to coil overs to then find out that there is a difference between one coil over kit and another and I wish I had the other. That's not unreasonable by any stretch of the imagination. We all people that has happened to and I don't want to be that guy. I also understand that you are never done building but when it comes to the big ticket items like axles, suspension and wheels I only want to buy once. Yes they do have pictures of the brackets on their website but their site also leaves a lot to be desired. I was hoping some of the forum members could supply some higher quality pictures installed as I'm sure there are some things I haven't taken into consideration. As for the Gen Right kit I can't speak from personal experience but I do have a buddy that runs their kit on a TJ and he swears by it so whether it's 16" or 14" I'm sure it's still a good quality kit. I am well aware that long arms only correct the geometry but low speed or high drag it doesn't matter they still help correct the geometry especially under articulation. I'm not looking for anyone to tell me how to build my Jeep I'm looking for people to post pictures of those kits installed so that I can make my own decision.

Without input, what will "pictures of those kits" actually provide you to help with your decision???

From what I see you post, go with 4" enforcer and the king 2.0 shock. Or even a rancho shock. The king 2.5 is more made for speed and the reservoir with it for better driving manners at higher speeds to absorb whoops.

Last edited:

aermotor

Do you have gear envy and just like to have the best things like the coilovers, or do you think standard coils won't be enough?

Because the Enforcer kit with good shocks is a very, very comfortable and capable kit for a fraction of the cost of coilovers. My friend has the coilovers, and while they might make my pants grow just from looking at them, I am very content with my Enforcer w/ King 2.5s. I know it may seem boring to have a standard coil setup with shocks, but the ride and capability is pretty awesome, and very budget friendly.

If you get buyers remorse or regret often, then you might want to spend more and get the coilovers as it will probably make you feel better about it. You can't go wrong anywhere.

RSQCON

Without input, what will "pictures of those kits" actually provide you to help with your decision???
Pretty sure I answered that but to iterate the ORE site only shows parts layout it does not show detailed install pictures. I'm not the type of person to just buy something without being fully informed. Pictures would easily answer all my questions instead of reading what others think I should go with. I am happy to listen to opinions but that's what I was soliciting in this thread I was simply asking for detailed picture.

Do you have gear envy and just like to have the best things like the coilovers, or do you think standard coils won't be enough?
That's a rhetorical question. I mean a PR80, XD60, Gen Right Elite suspension, Motech LS conversion, etc. Who wouldn't right? But this has nothing to do with that I just want the kit that I think will serve me best whatever I decide on. I have spoken with a few members here about their Enforcer kits and I have no doubt it is a good quality kit.

jeeper52

LOSER
I can offer a bit of insight being that I have the dtd and my brother has the genright elite. Both are great kits and great companies. As far as travel I honestly think both are very close mine might have a bit more. Mine also has rear steer my brothers with the triangulated 4 link has no rear steer at all. His also feels more comfortable on the road as mine has more of a rough ride. With the dtd you can run any axle, with the genright you have to run curries. At the end of the day in my honest opinion both are over kill for Moab and if I had it over to do again I would go with the plush ride coils,37's and saved a ton of money. Not saying I'm not happy with the dtd because I am it has a unbelievable amount of flex/wheel travel but it's a ton of money and looking back I could have gotten away with less for less money. If you are looking at the genright and evo dtd might as well take a look at the Dixie offroad kit. Coilovers/bypasses front and rear with the rear frenched into the frame like genright. Pretty cool setup no idea on cost.

RSQCON

Jeeper thanks for the insight on those 2. I know on the Gen Right sight it says they don't offer support for users not using Currie axles but I spoke with them and they have done a number of Dynatrac installs with their suspension. It's no different than Evo partnering with Dynatrac really.

I think when you have the top of the line product it's easier to say you could have done without but when you're on the other end of the spectrum you always want more. I'm trying to find that happy medium which is why I'm looking at bolt on coilover up front and the Evo lever rear without bypass shocks. That would give me more travel out back and keep everything tucked up out of the way.

JAGS

Hooked
Now this thread is getting dumb. Why not just do a google image search rather than come here and ask for "just pictures." No offense, but pictures alone won't tell you shit about lift quality.

If that were the case, go get some metal cloak shit or some rock krawler bright yellow shit as they "look" bad ass in "pics."

If you want shiny king blue, than get shiny king blue. If you like red, get rancho. If you like yellow, go RK. Trying to compare based on pictures for a DTD vs coil over vs enforvcer vs gen right is stupid.

tgoss

Jeeper thanks for the insight on those 2. I know on the Gen Right sight it says they don't offer support for users not using Currie axles but I spoke with them and they have done a number of Dynatrac installs with their suspension. It's no different than Evo partnering with Dynatrac really.

I think when you have the top of the line product it's easier to say you could have done without but when you're on the other end of the spectrum you always want more. I'm trying to find that happy medium which is why I'm looking at bolt on coilover up front and the Evo lever rear without bypass shocks. That would give me more travel out back and keep everything tucked up out of the way.

I was in between evo DTD and genrights elite system but I refuse to run Anything but dynatrac axles and certainly will never run curries. Talking with Andrew at genright who is an extremely helpful individual he says it absolutely can be done but there's an extensive amount of extra Fab on top of a system that is generously priced to begin with.

I think reading through your thread it's clear you want the absolute best and I fear if you settle for something other than the ultimate you (not unlike myself) are going to kick yourself for not getting what you ultimately want and someday, usually sooner than later you're going to sell you shit for pennies on the dollar and get what you wanted from day one.

Just go DTD. Be done with it. [emoji1360]

RSQCON

Now this thread is getting dumb. Why not just do a google image search rather than come here and ask for "just pictures." No offense, but pictures alone won't tell you shit about lift quality.
I'm not asking about the quality of anyone's product. I know what good quality is and the only 2 companies I've referenced are both top notch. Thanks for your help

Tgoss I certainly don't want to sell anything for pennies on the dollar but pretty sure the full DTD isn't in the books for me. Never say never!

Doing the lever in the rear and bolt ins up front is dumb. Do it (dtd) or don't do it.
What's so dumb about getting more travel in the rear and tucking everything up?

Last edited:

JAGS

Hooked
I was in between evo DTD and genrights elite system but I refuse to run Anything but dynatrac axles and certainly will never run curries. Talking with Andrew at genright who is an extremely helpful individual he says it absolutely can be done but there's an extensive amount of extra Fab on top of a system that is generously priced to begin with.

I think reading through your thread it's clear you want the absolute best and I fear if you settle for something other than the ultimate you (not unlike myself) are going to kick yourself for not getting what you ultimately want and someday, usually sooner than later you're going to sell you shit for pennies on the dollar and get what you wanted from day one.

Just go DTD. Be done with it. [emoji1360]

Spend 20K on something when 5k will do more than is needed. I get your advice, but for the OP that 's stupid reasoning.

This sounds a lot like a guy in Texas. He ended up selling his rig. You DONT need a DTD to do Moab.

tgoss

Spend 20K on something when 5k will do more than is needed. I get your advice, but for the OP that 's stupid reasoning.

This sounds a lot like a guy in Texas. He ended up selling his rig. You DONT need a DTD to do Moab.

No you absolutely don't. I'm not disagreeing with you there.

Plush ride coils, rancho's, etc and most jk's can do just about anything.

These things are ridiculously capable.

Top Bottom